How can i remove minimum length functionality in search

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi , currently the search functionality gives an error message :Search term minimum length is 3 characters , when no keywords are entered , for instance if the category is selected and no key words are entered then the system should should display all the products within that category instead of displaying the error vice versa.
12 years ago
Go to admin area > settings > all settings and change 'catalogsettings.productsearchtermminimumlength' setting to any value you need
12 years ago
Hi , I noticed when you change the settings to 0 , the paging in search doesnt work , Can you have a look at it
12 years ago
Follow the next steps if you've set it to 0:

1. Open \Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs
2. Find 'Search' action method
3. Find and remove the following line of code
if (Request.Params["Q"] != null)

P.S. I haven't tested it but it should work
12 years ago
Thnx , I commented out the code , it works fine now
12 years ago
Hey,

How can you change the controller on a live site?

Kind regards,

borrie
12 years ago
You need to re-compile the project and FTP the DLL up to your \bin
12 years ago
Do you know which dll it is?
12 years ago
borrierulez wrote:
Do you know which dll it is?

Nop.Web.dll
12 years ago
Ok, tx already for the answers, I'm getting really close now.

I removed if (Request.Params["Q"] != null) from catalogcontroller.cs i set the minimumlenght of the keyword to 0

Now when I go to advanced search, I remove the keyword text, select the manufacturer, select the category and the search works perfectly!!! HURRAY!! :)

Now the next step would be to get to the advanced search immidiatly and remove the keyword box (because i just want to get results from the 2 dropdownboxes and not by keyword)

Do you know how to do that? From the moment i remove the advanced searchbox option and do a search I get ALL results in stead of the selected dropdownboxes...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.