Message Queue - How to automatically send

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,
I got a question regarding the messages sent to the customer and shop owner after an order or registration. I got the problem that all my messages are queued and not sent. Is it possible to send the messages automatically ? Please help. Thanks for any advice.
Br AL
12 years ago
The prupose of the message queue is precisely not to send the message immediately, because it would slow the response to the user (which is critical in an e-commerce site) and because if the e-mail server is slow or intermitent your users will see error messages that are not related to your store and start thinking that your store is faulty.

That being said is better to use the message queue, the code can be changed to sends messages immediately but it will be a lot of work, so I suggest you don't do it unless you have no other alternative.

The NopCommerce message queue tends to behave differently depending on the hosting service, I have a store where mails take 4 or 6 hours to be sent, and another store in the same hosting service where it only takes 5 or 10 minutes, it is one of the weak spots of Nop Commerce
12 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply. Hmmm yeah in that case it seems to be wise to keep it as it is.
Unfortunately I did not find out how to finally send the mails after they are queued, I already set up the Email but couldn't find a send button or something wirthin the message queue view. Up to now I managed to handle almost everything within' the admin tool, that's the only thing left.
12 years ago
Forget that. I already fixed it ,;). Emails are working fine now. Thanks for your help. Br AL
12 years ago
AlCoPaine wrote:
Forget that. I already fixed it ,;). Emails are working fine now. Thanks for your help. Br AL

Would you mind posting how you got it to work correctly? Others may find it useful in the future.
12 years ago
AlCoPaine wrote:

How did you fixed it?. I am having the same problem :

I am using version 2.3 and my mail in the QueuedEmail table do not get sent. I can send a Test Email but when customers register the emails do not get sent.

Is this a problem from my hosting (winhost) or a problem from nopcommerce. I have been looking at all settings and everythin looks OK.

Please help!

Sergio
12 years ago
sortiz01 wrote:

How did you fixed it?. I am having the same problem :

I am using version 2.3 and my mail in the QueuedEmail table do not get sent. I can send a Test Email but when customers register the emails do not get sent.

Is this a problem from my hosting (winhost) or a problem from nopcommerce. I have been looking at all settings and everythin looks OK.

Please help!

Sergio

Sergio,

Are any e-mail related logs getting inserted into the log table? You can view the logs by navigating to your administration section, "System", "Log".
12 years ago
sortiz01 wrote:

Please help!

Sergio

It seems to be a problem with Winhost, I have two sites there and in the first one it takes between 5 to 10 minutes to send the message but the other one takes 2 to 4 days, which plan do you have ??
12 years ago
I have share hosting.

Sergio
12 years ago
sortiz01 wrote:
I have share hosting.

Sergio

Basic, Max or Ultimate ??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.