Payment method translation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,
still in 2.60 there's no way to change and localize payment method (as for delivery), right?
11 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
Hi,
still in 2.60 there's no way to change and localize payment method (as for delivery), right?

Actually it was done in 2.50 (see release notes). But in 2.60 you can do in more user-friendly way. Go to the plugin list page (admin area) and click "Edit".
11 years ago
Hi,

I'm using 2.6, edit on payment method only allows me to modify displayorder and active status. No translation is allowed.

Also, translate PaymentInfo.cshtml is not enough because i want to  translate the Friendly name that right now it seems no way to do.

The friendly name as my observation is made through Description.txt. So far i have created a new payment plugin that works perfectly, just one thing i have no idea how to show friendlyname in multiple language ??

Group: Payment methods
FriendlyName: Ngan luong payment
SystemName: Payments.Nganluong
Version: 1.00
SupportedVersions: 2.50
Author: hoa nam
DisplayOrder: 0
FileName: Nop.Plugin.Payments.Nganluong.dll

Please help me out.
11 years ago
You can do it directly from the plugin page, including localization
11 years ago
I must be missing something.  I don't see how to localize payment names.  The change via the EDIT on plugins page seems to only modify the Description.txt page.

(BTW, the online admin demo http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Plugin/List does not even have the Edit, etc.)
11 years ago
Say you want to change "Check/money order" to "bank cheque":
1) Select the plugins page
2) Find "Cheque/money order", the system name
3) Click the Edit button
4) Edit accordingly for each language
11 years ago
I don't see any languages; maybe it's because I only have one.  The reason I need it localized is because the payment plugin's Description.txt file is overwritten when a new version comes out.  Thus, I consider this a bit of a bug.

Fortunately, it can be manually set as per https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16654/rename-payment-methods.aspx

"Payment method friendly name are localizable now. But currently you have to do it manually. Just add an appropriate locale resource in admin area in the following format – “Plugins.FriendlyName.{0}” where {0} is your plugin system name (for example, “Plugins.FriendlyName.Payments.PayPalStandard”)."

[update:   This overwrite of Description.txt file also undoes any change to Display Order]
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.