SiteMap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
nop4you wrote:
Ensure that sitemap is enabled: admin area -> Configuration -> Settings -> All settings (advanced) -> commonsettings.sitemapenabled

Just quick thought. Not every nopCommerce user is advanced user, so maybe it would be good solution to show that checkbox at the "General And Miscellaneous Settings"/SEO tab?

Thanks for suggestion. We have created this issue: Move sitemap settings to UI #1385
7 years ago
lwflowers wrote:
hey mariann,
enabling this does not produce a /sitemap.xml page.
Google only wants a certain sitemap page for the crawlers ie... .xml, .html, or text etc..
I am using 3.7
Google rejects the current format.
Is there a way to have the site do a .xml page just as the same as currently doing now.
This is a great sitemap fore the website, but the search engines do not care for it and do not use it.
Let me know.

lwflowers,

seems like you are trying to use just '/sitemap' instead of '/sitemap.xml'. Please check that you are using right url.
7 years ago
reply.. cool. you are right. sitemap.xml works. Thanks
I will run it by google and see if it works there too

Thanks for the help
7 years ago
We can re-submit sitemap to Google here:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitemap-list

but I think adding the below record on BackwardCompatibility2XRouteProvider.cs will avoid issues on upgrading nopCommerce:

//sitemapseo
routes.MapLocalizedRoute("", "Common/sitemapseo",
      new { controller = "Common", action = "SitemapXml" },
      new[] { "Nop.Web.Controllers" });
6 years ago
Our site is blended, with NOP driving our ecommerce portion of our site and then most content pages handled within our own CMS. What's the preferred method for building & publishing a sitemap that includes the auto-generated xml from NOP and our other pages?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.