Website Loading Time

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
creative3k wrote:
Hi ,

Can people look into my testing website , the homepage loading time takes about 1-2 secs which is ok but when you click the categories and subcategories , that takes more than 30-40 sec which is not acceptable , Can any one give any suggestions on how to optimise the loading time , i have also commented out --searching of the localized values from the stored procedure to improve the performance , any suggestions what else should i do to decrease the loading time to atleast in the range of 1-6 sec.

You can check the test website at http://www.teamlemon.co.uk

Thanks

Sorry for repeating this reply..

How many products in your database?
12 years ago
so far its 10k , expected to go up around 50k
12 years ago
I only have 2 products in my test site but it can take over 20 seconds to come up on your first visit and longer after sitting idle.

I am running version 2.3 with no source code.
12 years ago
I too noticed this every time while testing the site on local machine. There has to be some way to optimize nop 2.30. Can someone from the team guide?
12 years ago
zaheer.in wrote:
I too noticed this every time while testing the site on local machine. There has to be some way to optimize nop 2.30. Can someone from the team guide?

I sorted out the bottlenecks which were eating up the load time using dotTrace performance,
12 years ago
creative3k wrote:

I sorted out the bottlenecks which were eating up the load time using dotTrace performance,

I saw your website just few minutes back. Yes, it does load fast. Btw, how many products and daily visitors you have currently? And what is your app and db server configuration?
12 years ago
zaheer.in wrote:

I saw your website just few minutes back. Yes, it does load fast. Btw, how many products and daily visitors you have currently? And what is your app and db server configuration?

The site is still under testing mode so the traffic cant be monitored , i have to complete the design part and some modifications on the back-end, so far i got 10k products.
12 years ago
creative3k wrote:

What did you do to sort out the bottlenecks?
12 years ago
creative3k, can you shed any light on what the bottlenecks were to help us out? I'm having the same issues but with no products at all in the db, many thanks
12 years ago
oisinmac wrote:
creative3k, can you shed any light on what the bottlenecks were to help us out? I'm having the same issues but with no products at all in the db, many thanks

well i was not using images for products that's why i commented out the methods which was not used by me to speed up the  time , also I have to re factored the methods which i created to pull out data from the category, manufacture, filter tables, as i want to to display chunks of information from each table , for instance if you check my test site , the information is from different tables which i integrated in one method and pass it to the view, initially it was taking a load time of around 3 seconds to get all those information but one of the community guy skyler.severns helped me to find the bottleneck using http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/. and then re factored the methods which have high loading times to speed up the website.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.