Nop Commerce 2.3 Backup option

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

Is there any option to backup my database through admin panel of nopcommerce 2.3 or any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
12 years ago
Dimitra wrote:
Hello,

Is there any option to backup my database through admin panel of nopcommerce 2.3 or any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

No you have to do it manually by logging onto your database.
12 years ago
How can i do this? please tell me step by step,thank you
12 years ago
Jozsef wrote:

1 Connect your database with "Microsoft SQL Server Manager Studio" or third pary SQL Manager tools.
2 Right clik your database and then follow "\Tasks\Genrate Scripts..." menus
3 On the "Script Wizard" window select necessary options... Attention "Script Logins" and etc. options.
4 Select "Script to file" or "Script to New Query Window" option.
5 After this steps you have your Database objects scripts with Data scripts.
6 When need this backup only copy paste this script Query window and !Execute.

This is my way. Are there other better way?
12 years ago
This is a nifty little tool for making sql server backups.

http://sqlbackupandftp.com/
12 years ago
I'm using that, too.  You might also want to write/find a script to make a copy of the entire website directory on a regular basis, especially if you store your product images on the filesystem instead of in the DB.
12 years ago
pictoric wrote:
This is a nifty little tool for making sql server backups.

http://sqlbackupandftp.com/

I just tryed this app. My backup file too small than manual way script. Manual method script file size 64.454 Kb, this app script file size 2.917 Kb at the same database.
Are there any restriction?
12 years ago
I have used that utility for years though I paid for a non free version.  This page outlines the restrictions.  If you have any other questions about it I suggest you ask in their forums.

http://sqlbackupandftp.com/features/
11 years ago
calacula wrote:

1 Connect your database with "Microsoft SQL Server Manager Studio" or third pary SQL Manager tools.
2 Right clik your database and then follow "\Tasks\Genrate Scripts..." menus
3 On the "Script Wizard" window select necessary options... Attention "Script Logins" and etc. options.
4 Select "Script to file" or "Script to New Query Window" option.
5 After this steps you have your Database objects scripts with Data scripts.
6 When need this backup only copy paste this script Query window and !Execute.

This is my way. Are there other better way?

Thank you,it`s OK!
11 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
I'm using that, too.  You might also want to write/find a script to make a copy of the entire website directory on a regular basis, especially if you store your product images on the filesystem instead of in the DB.

An update on this:  This program will also backup your site directory and auto-FTP it to your server.  Can't recommend it enough.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.