Can I move the installation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have 2.3 installed and working. I was testing the package on a temporary server. Can I move it to another server?
12 years ago
rdub wrote:
I have 2.3 installed and working. I was testing the package on a temporary server. Can I move it to another server?

Yes, the installation should not be bound to a single server.
12 years ago
Where will I change the database host info?
12 years ago
I downloaded all of my files and ftp'd them to the new server. Changed the db info and I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 39:     </customErrors>
Line 40:     <trace enabled="true" pageOutput="true" />
Line 41:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 42:       <assemblies>
Line 43:         <add assembly="System.Web.Abstractions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Source File: D:\hosting\8241606\html\web.config    Line: 41

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4214; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209
12 years ago
Your host environment needs  Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0
12 years ago
The host made some changes to the server and I now get this

Server Error in '/' Application.
No database instance
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: No database instance

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: No database instance]
   Nop.Data.Initializers.CreateTablesIfNotExist`1.InitializeDatabase(TContext context) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Data\Initializers\CreateTablesIfNotExist.cs:70
   System.Data.Entity.<>c__DisplayClass2`1.<SetInitializerInternal>b__0(DbContext c) +75
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.<>c__DisplayClass5.<PerformDatabaseInitialization>b__3() +19
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformInitializationAction(Action action) +72
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformDatabaseInitialization() +169
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.<InitializeDatabase>b__4(InternalContext c) +7
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.RetryAction`1.PerformAction(TInput input) +118
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabaseAction(Action`1 action) +190
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabase() +73
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.GetEntitySetAndBaseTypeForType(Type entityType) +27
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet`1.Initialize() +62
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet`1.get_InternalContext() +15
   System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryable.get_Provider() +37
   System.Linq.Queryable.OrderByDescending(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 keySelector) +66
   Nop.Services.Tasks.ScheduleTaskService.GetAllTasks() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\ScheduleTaskService.cs:66
   Nop.Services.Tasks.TaskManager.Initialize() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\TaskManager.cs:41
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:56

[HttpException (0x80004005): No database instance]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9168509
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +131
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +194
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +253

[HttpException (0x80004005): No database instance]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9087676
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
12 years ago
The err message is somewhat obvious "No database instance"
Your connection string (Settings.txt) is probably wrong.   On some hosts you may need to use an IP or "localhost".
How did you transfer your database to new server?
12 years ago
Backed up on the old server, downloaded the backup.bak to my desktop. Then ftp'd the backup.bak to the new server. Created a database and did a restore. Changed the settings.txt with the new database location, name etc.
12 years ago
I re-entered my connection string data 3 more times and I must have had an incorrect digit as it works now.

Thank you.
12 years ago
For nopC, connection string info is in the settings.txt file

When I change my Initial Catalog= ...  to be a bogus database name, I get your error [ApplicationException: No database instance]
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.