Can I move the installation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Thought it was resolved but it is not.

Still get the error.
12 years ago
This is my settings.txt from the old server. It works and even works from the new server:
DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=kennydiscustest.db.8675055.hostedresource.com;Initial Catalog=kennydiscustest;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=kennydiscus****;Password=discuS****!;MultipleActiveResultSets=True

This is the settings.txt with the new database info. It doesn't work:
DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=kennysdatabase.db.8241606.hostedresource.com;Initial Catalog=kennysdatabase;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=kennysdatabase****;Password=discuS****;MultipleActiveResultSets=True

Can anyone see what might cause the problem?
12 years ago
First of all, please be careful not to paste database logins on the web, your username and password for both test and production database are clearly visible in the above post.

Can you access the production database from something like SQL server
Management Studio? Maybe you have got the wrong connection info.

Can you access the production database from your test installation of Nop?

An issue could be, that access to your production database is ip restricted - you should verify that with your hosting provider.
12 years ago
Just ran mssql_test.aspx and it came back open. The connection string I am changing is in the app_data>settings.txt file. What other file contains connection data?
12 years ago
Seems that the problems were due to the database not being created with remote access checked "yes".

Still testing but that seems to have been the culprit.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.