Updating an existing entity. How to add a new property. CUSTOMER

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,
I tried to follow the good document in topic mentioned. I tried to perform the same for Customer entity.
The process appears simple but the update of CustomersController.cs (similar of AffiliateController.cs) is not clear for me.
Also what means "Recreate the database." ? What I have to do?

Could you help me?

thanks

Massimo
12 years ago
He meant to dump the database and re-install nopCommerce.  If you care about the database you need to write an Alter script and add the new columns that way.
12 years ago
Ok, thanks.. and about . "I tried to follow the good document in topic mentioned. I tried to perform the same for Customer entity. The process appears simple but the update of CustomersController.cs (similar of AffiliateController.cs) is not clear for me."

It is the last part of the process of adding property

Thanks
12 years ago
That's just showing how you go from the entity to the model that is passed to the view and back.  So where it's copying model properties to an object, you add in your new property.  

The form in the view isn't directly modifying an entity, it's modifying a model and handing it back to the controller.  The controller is the traffic cop that negotiates between Data and View.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.