Nop 2.4 mobile Featured products issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi Guys

I have just come across an issue for featured products, If I mark a product as "IsFeaturedProduct = True", it will
not show up on the mobile version as a featured product, but if I mark product as "IsFeaturedProduct = False" it
does show up, and as I have the four main products as Featured on my Category Page, I need to be able to do
the same on the mobile version, I am sure this is something simple but I have not been able to find it as yet.

Regards
Ron
12 years ago
It works fine our of the box (just tested)

P.S. Have you modified \Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Catalog\CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.Mobile.cshtml file?
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

Yes I commented out the featured products to see if the products would show, but they did'nt, but when
I marked them as "IsFeaturedProduct = False" they did :)), the thing is it works fine on the web version
but has the opposite effect in the mobile version

@if (Model.FeaturedProducts.Count > 0)
    {
        <div class="featured-product-grid">
            <div class="title">
                @T("Products.FeaturedProducts")
            </div>
            <div class="product-list">
                <ul data-role="listview" data-inset="true" data-filter="false" data-theme="c">
                    @foreach (var product in Model.Products)
                    {
                        <li>
                            @Html.Partial("_ProductBox", product)
                        </li>
                    }
                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
    }

Foot note : this was an upgrade from 2.3
12 years ago
Hi Anrei

Do you think it would be better to do a clean install of the database and then add the products?

Kind Regards
Ron
12 years ago
I haven't got what exactly you commented but it works fine out of the box. So yes, it would be better to do a clean install
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

Ok I am sorry if I am not explaining myself correctly, I'll try again, ok I have now

1) Created a fresh install of the site and database:
2) I have selected mobile devices supported from the general setting.
3) from "All Settings" I have selected storeinformationsettings.emulatemobiledevice and set to true.
4) Then to Manage Categories and selected books, under products I have now selected all four products to be featured products and saved.
5) I now return to the home page which displays the mobile version, upon which I now select books, and there are no products displayed under featured products.

I hope you can then see what I see.

Is there a way to paste an image into here ?

Kind Regards
Ron
12 years ago
Do you see these featured products in desktop version?
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

Yes they appear in the web version just not in the mobile version :(.

Please tell me you can see this now ? or am I going isane ??

Kind Regards
Ron
12 years ago
It means that you modified the mobile version some way (source code) so it doesn't display featured products anymore. I tested it two times, it works fine. I recommend you re-downloading the solution
12 years ago
Hi Andrei

Many thanks for taking the time to look at this, I will do as you suggest and download
a new solution and see what result I get.

Kind Regards
Ron
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.