Shipping Method Restrictions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have nopCommerce version 2.40.  Cool product, thanks for having this open source!

Now my issue, I have added shipping method restrictions to only allow ground and air shipments to Canada.  However, I am still receiving orders from the USA.

HELP!
12 years ago
see
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14887/fedex-prevent-international-shipping.aspx
12 years ago
How does this relate to the restricted shipping information?  I don't understand how a customer was able to register both a billing and shipping address in the united states while these were active?
12 years ago
Sorry , I thought you were referring to the carrier specific options (e.g. USPS Domestic Priority Mail  vs Priority Mail International)

Registering or entering billing and shipping addresses is not affected by the Shipping Method Restrictions.
Actually, those restrictions are only used by two offline rate methods  "Fixed Rate Shipping" and "Shipping by weight".  If you are using an online method (e.g. USPS, FedEx, etc.), then those restrictions do not apply.

The nopTools Shipping Director can do country restrictions for online shipping methods.  See this blog for example expressions.  Yours would look something like

Type        ErrorExit
Name        Canada Only
Expression  ShippingAddress.Country.Name != "Canada"
Description "Sorry, we can only ship to Canada"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.