PayPal Direct Plugin doesn't work with Maestro in the UK

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
UK "maestro" credit cards require a "start date" and "issue number" to be authorised. The PayPal Direct Plugin doesn't include these fields. Has anyone developed a fix for this issue or can anyone offer advice on getting this work done?
12 years ago
We are finding that more credit cards need a start date and issue number to authorise.

Can these be added to the official release of the PayPal Direct plugin? Perhaps as configurable option.

Darren
12 years ago
What are the other credit cards?
I've already created a work item
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Maestro
Visa Electron
Some Visa cards are also being declined without the start date.

Whether or not it is actually required by the card issuer though it is always deemed best practice to take this information or even make it required as it reduces the use of stolen or fraudulent cards.

Most fraudsters will simply steal card number, expiry date and CV2 to save time. If we require a start date or issue number as well and they don’t have this info they won’t be able to use the fraudulent details.

Genuine cardholders will always have this information and won’t be bothered about having to enter it.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

I'm wondering if I should implement a fix for this myself or whether there will be an official fix in the near future?

Thanks

Darren
12 years ago
I haven't started working on it yet. It would be great if could contribute a fix (I even do not have PayPal UK account for testing purposes)
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I haven't started working on it yet. It would be great if could contribute a fix (I even do not have PayPal UK account for testing purposes)

I've spent most of today trying to get this working but I'm afraid my skills are not good enough.

Requirements

Start Month and Start Year dropdowns adding to view
Issue Date text box adding to the view

These options should only be visable when customer selects "Maestro" or "Visa Electron" from the card types dropdown or they should be optional field.

These options should only be sent to PayPal if they are not null.

I'd be happy to test any code you do. I'm sure the modifications are really important here in the UK.

Darren
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

I've spent another few hours on this today and seem to be getting somewhere. Could do with help on best approach for ignoring start date and issue number if they are not present.

Should I pass in all the card details into AuthorizeOrSale and check for null or ""? Or is there a better way?

Darren
12 years ago
wunpac wrote:
Could do with help on best approach for ignoring start date and issue number if they are not present.

Should I pass in all the card details into AuthorizeOrSale and check for null or ""? Or is there a better way?

Darren

Use any approach.  For example, nullable properties.
public DateTime? CreditCardStartDate

if (paymentRequest.CreditCardStartDate.HasValue)
{
   //pass values
}
else
{
   //do not pass values
}
12 years ago
I have tried to update the PayPal direct plugin to include a start date and as far as I can see everything is in place, but as soon as I try to load the paypal plugin in the front end by going through the checkout - I get the following error on this line (/checkout/paymentinfo)

@Html.Action(Model.PaymentInfoActionName, Model.PaymentInfoControllerName, Model.PaymentInfoRouteValues)

And this is the error??

Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

I have tried putting a debug point on the PayPalDirect Controller to see if I can trace it but it doesn't even get executed? Just instantly throws the above error? Which actually gives me weird charactors in the view.

This is the stack trace I have managed to get out of it.

at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)
   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage)
   at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm)
   at System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues)
   at ASP._Page_Views_Checkout_PaymentInfo_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Users\Lee\documents\my dropbox\projects\MyWebSite\Website\Views\Checkout\PaymentInfo.cshtml:line 26
   at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
   at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
   at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage()
   at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
   at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
   at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
   at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

Any ideas?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.