Questions on building websites based on nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi guys,

I want to build a e-commerce website base on nopCommerce. We will have functionality extenstions (add custom features, etc), and will also create a complete new theme (not only change css, but also cshtml).

So, do you think I should make a copy of the source code, and then build my custom features (as plugins) and themes on the copied source code? or download a no-source copy, and then build my website in the already compiled nopCommerce? (That is, create a new mvc website -> delete all files -> copy nopCommerce no-source website files to the new created website -> add nopCommerce class library references -> run and modify the new created website)

And also some questions:

1. I've tried building my website on the already compiled nopCommerce, and add a plugin project as the document stated. But I'm not able to add razor views in the class library (when I click "Add New Item" -> select "Web" -> There's no "ASP.NET MVC 3 Razor View" option in the right panel). How can I do that?

2. I added references to nopCommerce class libraries (in the bin folder of my nopCommerce website copy(no-source)), and set the output path of the plugin project to ../MyNopCommerceWebSite/Plugins/MyPlugin. But when I built my plugin, I found that all DLLs are copy to the MyPlugin folder: Nop.Core.dll, Nop.Service.dll, EntityFramework.dll, etc. How can I make it only copy MyPlugin.dll to the MyPlugin folder? (It could be boring to manually remove not needed files from MyPlugin folder)
12 years ago
I would definitely use the Source version.

2)  Set all the files you don't want to copy over as Embedded Resource in their properties.  (Copy Local = false for the reference DLLs you are talking about)
12 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
2)  Set all the files you don't want to copy over as Embedded Resource in their properties.  (Copy Local = false for the reference DLLs you are talking about)

Great thanks! I didn't know visual studio has such a nice feature before. Thanks! :) Do you know how to add razor views to class library projects in the "Add New Item" dialog?
12 years ago
Depends on if you need that popup that helps you configure it when you create it.  If not, just put any file there and rename it to .cshtml.
12 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
Depends on if you need that popup that helps you configure it when you create it.  If not, just put any file there and rename it to .cshtml.

Is it possible to have that popup?
12 years ago
I think it involves change the project GUID in the .csproj file but I'm not sure.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.