Process of syncing my internal database with nopCommerce (inventory)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

I am new to nopCommerce and before I start doing anything(like wasting time doing something wrong), I would like to check with professionals and hear their advise.

I run my internal database on PostgreSQL and I have a small erp system.
I want to synchronize automate inventory updates on the nopCommerce site.
Do you know any tools that are available which will allow me to do such thing?

For example;
Scenario 1:
I got 1,000 new products added to my ERP - they will have all the names, quantities, descriptions and pictures - how to I put them to nopCommerce together with the attributes?

Scenario 2:
I sold / purchased some products via the phone and my erp adjusted the stock - how do I adjust nopCommerce accordingly?

I am thinking about writing c# utility that would do that for me, and before proceeding, I want to find out if there are any similar solutions available, or maybe some source-code that I can incorporate to achieve my goal.

Thank you!
12 years ago
Just wondering- no one even thought about that before? nothing has been done before?
12 years ago
I don't know of anything already written but I think you have the right idea.  What I would do is turn on inventory management in nop but refresh the stock every X hours from your ERP.  That way your ERP is still the master of that info and you don't have to worry about any math lining up.  Just blow away whatever nop has and trust your ERP.

You probably only need to run it every hour or so.
12 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
I don't know of anything already written but I think you have the right idea.  What I would do is turn on inventory management in nop but refresh the stock every X hours from your ERP.  That way your ERP is still the master of that info and you don't have to worry about any math lining up.  Just blow away whatever nop has and trust your ERP.

You probably only need to run it every hour or so.

Another way of doing it if you have a high inventory turnover  would be:
1) Refresh all inventory every mornig.
2) Refresh inventory of a product everytime when there is a change.

In this way Nop inventory will be mirroring on-line your ERP inventory.

Ps. In any case, make sure that all sales made in online store are reported online to your ERP!
12 years ago
I've done similar with SAP B1.

I used push transactional replication to get the required data tables up to the web DB server from SAP. This avoided making multiple requests to the SAP server which was at the end of a rubbish broadband connection. Not sure if you can do that with PostgreSQL to MSSQL? Having the tables on the web DB server means that eg if the connection to the remote DB server is lost I can still show items in stock.

I used SAP B1 webservices to send orders back down to SAP. As the connection may be missing when an order is made you will need to flag that on the order and provide a way to send the orders down at a later date.

HTH

Dave
10 years ago
Hi,
we have implemented such a workflow using web services to connect to an external company doing the fulfilment services (read: external warehouse, inventory tracking & shipping).
If you need this solution adapted to your ERP, please send me a PM.
Best regards,
Tobi
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.