Upgraded to 2.5 but my plugin isn't visible

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've upgraded to 2.5 today and I've followed the instructions in the upgrade script in which I copied the two .txt files from my App_Data directory from the old installation and also copied my plugin to the new directory but it's not showing up in the administration.

What am I doing wrong?
12 years ago
Also after testing the site the main page works but if you try to browse my categories I get a page error.
12 years ago
vitran23 wrote:
I get a page error.

What error? Post the error stack or make a screenshot
12 years ago
Also do not forget to update the supported version in your description.txt file (more info here)
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I get a page error.
What error? Post the error stack or make a screenshot

Nevermind with that issue, it was my fault. I created a new view and forgot to copy that file over.

I'm still having a issue with the plugin not showing up though.  I've also clicked "Reload LIst of plugins" and still nothing.

a.m. wrote:
Also do not forget to update the supported version in your description.txt file (more info here)

Ahhh, I guess that's the issue that would be causing it not to show up.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Thanks a.m. that fixed my plugin issue.  Things work great.

So if I wanted to use this on version 2.40 how would I do that since I changed the version to 2.50?

Can I do 2.40 2.50?
12 years ago
It depends on the implementation of your plugin. If nopCommerce API is not changed, then changing SupportedVersions field to 2.50 will make the trick.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
It depends on the implementation of your plugin. If nopCommerce API is not changed, then changing SupportedVersions field to 2.50 will make the trick.

Yeah, that solved the issue.  Once I changed it to 2.50 and rebuilt it and moved it over it worked fine.

Now I have another issue in another post about 2.5 source.  Can you look at that for me?
12 years ago
I have a custom plugin which is still in development. After each nopcommerce upgrade version release, I need to include that plugin in new version. But the problem is , when I try this by adding an existing project(ie my custom plugin) in plugin folder , in the admin plugin list, my custom plugin does not show. I always change the description.txt's supportive version.
But does not work. Can anyone help?

Previously, I added a new class library in plugin folder  with only description.txt . Then it shows in admin and get installed. then I added the other files and uninstall and install my plugin again. But in nopcommerce 2.5, a plugin project with only description.txt is not working. It shows in admin panel but after clicking install button, an error shows which is: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: serviceType . Please help.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

I've been trying to upgrade a 2.40 till 2.50

No problem, except we have customized a lot of views so we have to manually go back and reimplement all those changes in the new installation or replace the views with old 2.40 views.

Now the real problem starts with 3rd party plugins.

I'm from Denmark and we need to use minimum a Payment gateway from Denmark + the "Danish Tax" plugin.
The Danish 25% tax plugin is available already for 2.50, but the QuickPay plugin isnt.

I've tried to edit the description in the plugin to include 2.50, and I get it into the plugin list of the admin. but when I try to configure it, I get this:

Line 8:  @if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(Model.ConfigurationActionName))
Line 9:  {
Line 10:     @Html.Action(Model.ConfigurationActionName, Model.ConfigurationControllerName, Model.ConfigurationRouteValues);
Line 11: }
Line 12: else

Source File: c:\inetpub\- nopCommerce\our webshop\www\Administration\Views\Payment\ConfigureMethod.cshtml    Line: 10

Has the plugin structure changed with 2.50 rendering all old Plugins unusable too? This does not seem such an elegant way to keep 3rd party developers attached?

I forgot to mention that I've also downloaded the 2.50 with sourcecode in hope of being able to "upgrade" the 2.40 plugin to a 2.50 - but I cannot open the project from VS 2010.. seems like the references are broken/none-existing... okay, i am a plugin newbie... I know.. . :-(
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.