additional fee on the payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Is this change loaded into version 2.65? Or do we need to add it from the change set
thanks

On a side note. if I just duplicate the CC manual Payment module but change it to Debit Card - could I then use one for Credit Card and One for Debit card? This solves a problem we have of adding 2.5% to credit cards only and not debit cards.

thanks!!
11 years ago
Simon.UK wrote:
Is this change loaded into version 2.65? Or do we need to add it from the change set
thanks

On a side note. if I just duplicate the CC manual Payment module but change it to Debit Card - could I then use one for Credit Card and One for Debit card? This solves a problem we have of adding 2.5% to credit cards only and not debit cards.

thanks!!

It will first be loaded in v2.7 (end of december) meanwhile if you need it you have to include it yourself
11 years ago
great thanks!
11 years ago
Hi all,

How easy is it to implement also an Discount for a specified Payment method ?

For example

PayPal 3.4% additional Fee
Cash in advance  Discount 3%

And also display only the percentage value in the view during checkout, and not the price.

Thx
Peysche
11 years ago
peysche wrote:
Hi all,

How easy is it to implement also an Discount for a specified Payment method ?

For example

PayPal 3.4% additional Fee
Cash in advance  Discount 3%

And also display only the percentage value in the view during checkout, and not the price.

Thx
Peysche

Maybe it would require some customization.
Try to set a negative " additional fee on the payment method" and please report your results for the benefit of others.
11 years ago
Hi,

This was the first thing I  tried. Negative values are checked in the source and replaced by decimal. Zero.

I have already fixed the main Problem with an Discount Plugin like the Nop.Plugin.DiscountRules.CustomerRoles.
This works fine ! and is not so much work, but now I have the Problem that I cannot change from € Values to % Values in the View.
This is not covert in the PaymentMethodModel. There is the Fee as string and that’s fine, you can replace it there.
But in the PaymentMethodType there is no generic information for the Percentage value, there is only the Methode GetAdditionalHandlingFee in the paymentService

My be someone have an idea how it’s possible to get the percentage values for an additional Fee in PreparePaymentMethodModel.
For the discount this is no problem, this I can get from the discount information from my own discount Plugin.

THX
Paul
11 years ago
Yes, sadly you can't do negative Additional Fees out of the box.  Even Payment Director does not handle this currently, but I will look into in for a future release.

Also, it's not just PaymentService - GetAdditionalHandlingFee that prevents negative fee:

if (result < decimal.Zero)
                    result = decimal.Zero;

So does the CheckoutController - it only shows the fee if greater than zero:

\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CheckoutController.cs
PreparePaymentMethodModel()
                if (rate > decimal.Zero)
                    pmModel.Fee = _priceFormatter.FormatPaymentMethodAdditionalFee(rate, true);

Ideally this should change to
                if (rate != decimal.Zero)

Also...
Currency amounts are formatted.  They can be overridden with a custom format:
Admin > Currency - Custom formatting:  $0.00

But, the default formatting for en-US, unless you use custom, is that negatives are in parenthesis; and since the additional fee is also displayed wrapped in parens it would look funny: e.g.   Cash On Delivery (COD) ( ($2.34) )
Ideally, the parens "( )" around the fee would change to (maybe) brackets " [ ] " so there would be no confusion with the parens for negative numbers.

Payment Director does allow for calculation of the payment Name shown to customers - i.e. it could show the % as part of that name - (and currently it will also show the amount - which personally I think should always show - more friendly for the customer)
  e.g. Cash On Delivery (COD) 2.5% Fee ( $2.34 )
I think you need to use an Action Filter if you want to implement this yourself.
11 years ago
Hi,

After I had a look to the Nop Sourcecode i found out that it is maybe an good idea to support not Only Discount Plugins.
Do you think it makes sense do support also Additional Fee Plugins which are working on the same way as Discount plugins.
If this is working the additional Fee topics implemented in Payment Plugins can be removed, and you will be able to add Discount/Fee per Customer Group/Variants and for example payment Plugins or Shipping Plugins.

For this there must be some changes don in the Main Source Tree to support negative Discount Values.

What do you mean with “use an Action Filter” for displaying Percentage as well by side the Currency value ?

What do you think about this ?

Peysche
11 years ago
Payment Additional Fee plugins are an interesting idea, but  there does not seem to be much demand for it.  Even Percentage adjustment were only just recently added about 4 months ago in 2.70.  Payment Director has only received a fraction of the interest that Shipping Director has (though it's only been out for several weeks - time will tell).

You can search this site for many posts about Action Filters.  Essentially, you can change what's in pmModel.Fee after the controller sets it, and before the view sees it.
11 years ago
Hi,

I did again a little bit more code research…

To implement it is necessary to add the same part existing for Discounts also as Fee part.

There is an method called GetPreferedDiscount in DiscountExtentions.cs
In this method the best discount will be selected and returned.
There is no easy way to make fees also working because this method returns an existing discount.
When you have an discount and an fee, you have to combine this and return an “new discount” with the difference betweend this fee and discount.

I think the easy way is to implement an additional way to apply fees… instead of modifying the discount part.

So in the end the customer will have two lines “fee….. €xxx (x%)” and discount €XX (x%).

What do you think is the afford to do this, I like to get rid of Paypal. Paypal is good for customers but not for an seller !
I think the customer have also to pay for the paypal service not only the seller.

I think it is an win/win situation for both if you give an discount for customers, and an fee for PayPal.
If you are an trusted shop, the customer will be the king and no one needs PayPal !

@Andrei:
What do you think about this, do you think it makes sense to implement things like this?
What do you think is the afford to implement this ?

@New York:
THX for info about Filters !

Regards
Peysche
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.