High CPU in Product Administration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hi all,

I just imported over 2000 products into my store on my local machine as a test and then on my production server and they both have the same problem.  From the product list in the Administration area, when I click on a product to edit it, the w3wp.exe service goes up to like 50% on my local machine and over 90% on my server and stays there.  I had to kill it on my server so that it didn't affect other sites.  I did let it run for a good 5 minutes.  However, when I go into new products on the public site, everything functions fine and responds in a timely manner.  Has any one else experienced this problem or does anyone have a fix for it?  This is a major issue if we can't get this resolved ASAP.  I still have about 6000 more products to import.  

Thanks in advance!
WaltD

PS, I'll be stepping through the process on my local machine tomorrow to see if I can narrow it down any but just wanted to throw the question out tonight for some additional feedback maybe.
15 years ago
It can be caused by caching issue. Please try to disable it
15 years ago
I set NopContext.IsCachable to return false and I am still having the same issue.  

When I stepped through the loading of the productdetail page, it seems as though everything runs fine until it goes back to the Administration/main.master page.  This is where it just hangs for long periods of time.   For example:  After the page_load function ran in the main.master.cs, it just sat there like it was finished for probably 2 or 3 minutes, then it went over to the actual main.master and ran page.resolveurl for the public store link and did the same thing there for 2 or 3 minutes.  The same goes for the log out link.  

I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
15 years ago
OH, and I also received this error message  in Firefox once it hit the main.master page:  

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://localhost:1453/NopCommerceWeb/ScriptResource.axd?d=YA8kz-7HdwEq_Yxk9dx6pKTamMMjdlqpxliUrBYJ6K4YmJXwwXcvvU1E9JNSiJTfgftW_WkvhLc_cXVZe0TId1Hkyza4K_uNb3zlsQaJy9g1&t=ffffffffc6f6f8f4:121

Thanks,
WaltD
15 years ago
I also, just turned caching back on and did the same thing again and it took right at 5 minutes to finally bring the page up.  So roughly the same amount of time it took with caching turned off and I received the above script busy message also.
15 years ago
Another tid bit of info, I was watching my memory, and when the page is finally displayed, my firefox process almost doubles in memory.  As soon as I leave the product detail page, it drops back down to roughly where it was.

This does not happen when viewing the same product via the public store.
15 years ago
As I suspected, none of the items on the main.master are causing this issue.  Why it hangs on those lines when I step through it is beyond me.
15 years ago
more information...it also happens when I go to edit a category or a manufacturer.

Let me ask for some clarification.  To turn of caching, all I do is set NopContext.IsCachable to return false?  Does this turn caching off for the whole site or is there something else I need to do?
15 years ago
You're absolutely right. NopContext.IsCachable should return false, but currently it turns caching for the entire site.
15 years ago
Ok, I just made sure it was set to return false, recompiled it and uploaded it my server.  I also realized that I still had debug set to true in my web.config on the server so I set it to false.  I'm still having the same problem and now, since I set debug to false I'm getting a "[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]" error now.

Is there anything else I can look at that could be causing this issue?  Also is there a definite way to verify that caching is in fact off on the server?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.