Product Color and Size Selector

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi All,

We will be selling clothing on our store. In the product page, we need to let the visitors select colors and sizes for the product before they hit "add to cart".

How can I set this up from the admin section?

Please Help.

Regards,
11 years ago
LAM-ECOM wrote:
Hi All,

We will be selling clothing on our store. In the product page, we need to let the visitors select colors and sizes for the product before they hit "add to cart".

How can I set this up from the admin section?

Please Help.

Regards,

Use product variant attributes (Example in admin demo). For that you first define them in admin>catalog>attributes>product variant attributes
11 years ago
Hi eadameg,

Thanks for your answer. I helped very much!

I have another question now. One of the attributes is color, and although the dropdown option could work well, the design (theme) we must implement uses a colored square for each color available. Where should I make this change? How should I approach this so i will not break on future updates?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Take care!
11 years ago
LAM-ECOM wrote:
Hi eadameg,

I have another question now. One of the attributes is color, and although the dropdown option could work well, the design (theme) we must implement uses a colored square for each color available. Where should I make this change? How should I approach this so i will not break on future updates?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Take care!

I did this on my site by adding a PictureId to the ProductVariantAttributeValue object displaying it next to the name in _ProductAttributes.cshtml.  It works best with the RadioButtonList.  There is a more complicated version for fabrics and wood finishes for our products but that should work well for you with simple colors.
11 years ago
LAM-ECOM wrote:
Hi eadameg,

Thanks a lot in advance.

Take care!

Thiis feature is not available out of the box. There is a work item in the road map you can vote for it.
Another simple way of doing it is to include in the image set one with all squares of colors available. There is also a Just4Fashion theme that includes the squares; PM Atiq
11 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:

I did this on my site by adding a PictureId to the ProductVariantAttributeValue object displaying it next to the name in _ProductAttributes.cshtml.  It works best with the RadioButtonList.  There is a more complicated version for fabrics and wood finishes for our products but that should work well for you with simple colors.

Hi AndyMcKenna,

You also had to modify the admin section in order to map the right color to the attribute? How do you know this will not break on upgrade to next version?

Also, if you would share more details how to implement it on the Front-End it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
11 years ago
I'll definitely have some merging to do whenever I upgrade, no doubt.  I decided that I'd rather have a painful week of merging every 6 months and easy development the rest of the time.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.