We need your help! Take nopCommerce survey & help us to help you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
SWW wrote:
Andrei, will you be publishing the results?

Sure. I'll share the results in a couple of weeks (at least 500 persons should take the survey to get more accurate results).

SWW wrote:
Also, Question 9 first option says "per accident".  I think you meant "per incident".

Thanks a lot. Fixed
11 years ago
Survey complete and Ill add my two cents to the conversation.

You get three types of people showing up when projects go "Open Source"

1) Developers that really know and understand the project, are familiar (and competent) with framework and its language.
2) Casual developers that know enough to get things working and have taken enough time looking at the demonstration to actually evaluate if the project is *close enough* to fit their requirements
3) People that ask questions like "Hey everyone what do I need to change to make NOP work like Amazon.com?"

People in category one have a great opportunity to make a few dollars and of course contribute to making the project more popular and viable. There needs to a pay per incident form someplace so that serious end users can get their questions answered quickly. These are your real "customers" and supporting them properly seems essential to the longevity of any open source project. Perhaps an idea like purchasing $50 worth of support "credits" could be implemented. The NOP crew charges say $5 per credit and then pays out $3 to each developer that solves said problem. Im sure the details could be worked out, but the bottom line is nothing kills a real "customers" desire to use a particular piece of software like not being able to get it working, let alone supported or customized within reason.

There needs to be an end to the life-cycle of old releases. AKA Dont bother asking questions about version 1.x as its totally obsolete and if you are running version 1.x and need support please consider purchasing support credits.

Either charge for the documentation or charge for the removal of the NOP url, but not both. How many redundant questions end up cluttering the forums because people are asking questions they should be able to answer for themselves if they actually had the manual? Personally Id charge for removing the link and put the manual up as a wiki so that the community can keep it updated rather than expecting the core developers to do everything.

Other than that, NOP is a great application.
11 years ago
Survey Done...
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
As part of our continuing efforts to make nopCommerce better we are asking for some help from you. Please complete our survey by clicking here. This survey is super quick (only 10 questions) and will help us continue to improve nopCommerce to serve YOU better!

Thanks!

UPDATE: I've just edited the survey questions 8 and 9 because some people got us wrong. We're not going to make nopCommerce a commercial product (where have you read it?). nopCommerce itself will always stay free. The questions are about the professional support services.

I have completed the survey!

Thank you so much for keeping nopcommerce free and open source.  I am very glad that I found nopcommerce when I was looking into setting up an online store.  

You have put in a lot of effort into nopcommerce and I would like to thank you for being so generous!  

It would great if you could find services that you could add.

Here are a some ideas of services that you could try.  I am not sure that these would work, I am just throwing ideas out there. :)

1) You could make nopcommerce.com have an easy option of putting up a store front for a monthly fee.  

You could have:
YourName.nopcommerce.com

You could do the same thing wordpress does Here.

People could still download the software for free and host it other places if they wanted to.

2)  If someone makes a commercial plugin or theme you could charge a commission in order for it to be listed on nopcommerce.com

3)  You could charge for the service of an automated update to the latest version version of nopcommerce for people who didn't know how to update their nopcommerce store. :)

Thank you for all that you have done for this project!  I hope the services that you end up adding will take off and benefit all the developers who made nopcommerce.
11 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
... 1) You could make nopcommerce.com have an easy option of putting up a store front for a monthly fee.  

You could have:
YourName.nopcommerce.com

You could do the same thing wordpress does Here.

People could still download the software for free and host it other places if they wanted to.

This is a very good idea, as developers can use these sites as their testing sites instead of setting up test servers for testing because in most of the cases the website is setup locally for testing. Also I have been paying for web hosting even when I am testing and developing for my site. The nopC team can easily tap into those profits.
In this regard Azure integration can play a vital role. The nopC team can negotiate the rates with Microsoft as there will be many deployments and charge a profit on top of that without even having to worry about maintenance or hardware/ software.
This can also prove to be a marketing tool as the name would contain .nopcommerce.com. I think its time that the nopC team should seriously think about marketing techniques to increase the community base.
11 years ago
infiniti wrote:
  The nopC team can negotiate the rates with Microsoft as there will be many deployments and charge a profit on top of that without even having to worry about maintenance or hardware/ software.
This can also prove to be a marketing tool as the name would contain .nopcommerce.com. I think its time that the nopC team should seriously think about marketing techniques to increase the community base.

I agree 100% and would add that Nop is doing a big favor to Microsoft by providing and supporting and excellent; (the best open source) platform for e-commerce based in Microsoft technology. Microsoft should somehow reciprocate.
11 years ago
Done it!
What you think about to have some weekly or monthly voting pools right here in nopCommerce site?
As many people don't like to navigate away from here to codeplex find a feature "if feature is there" and vote for it...
11 years ago
When will you publish the results and conclusion from the survey?

Darren
11 years ago
wunpac wrote:

Let's wait till the end of July. BTW, there are no many respondent (currently only 123)
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Let's wait till the end of July. BTW, there are no many respondent (currently only 123)

How about an email to your distribution list?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.