product is way too slow for business!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
FredWozHere wrote:
there is no sign of bad language shown in my version of the @pjaramillo comment.

By suggesting that he might want to edit out any bad attitude/language out of his post in my original P.S. I was referring to the comment “just a toy for kids” and the word that he used right before saying “now it works as a turtle.”  

I thought that this kind of language directed toward Andrei Mazoulnitsyn and other nopcommerce developers was not good.  I thought that if he would just remove that part it would be nicer for everyone.

In respect for your concern I changed the P.S. to say “try to say things nicely.”

Maybe I should not have got involved but I thought I knew what was going wrong for him and wanted to help him out. :)

Thanks for understanding!
11 years ago
Hi

good to read your reply.

My concern is always about attitude. Yes, I have not always been thoughtful either when things have gone wrong with installations etc, ho hum frustration can get you that way; the trouble is those sort of things are often our first introduction to a programme, or a utility or app if you prefer that word and a forum is our introduction to the possible help we might be able to receive. It is a shame when 'moderators / respondees' prefer verbal muscle and sniping back at a ill considered tirade instead of a reasoned and intelligently approached answers.  As I said a deep frustration can provoke a user to post before thinking that is human nature but a good moderator should be able to rise above that - moderators are in theory teachers and ambassadors of a technology, so to my mind it is important to retain a professional positions. Sadly within your forum you have a few moderators / respondees who don't care to provide a professional approach, they appear to see answering a post as being a case of trying top prove that they can pee higher than the user / poster.

I would like to think that my answer might have been:

"Yes, if you are testing via a VS version, it may run slow, it is to do with the VS framework; as you will have learnt from testing the online demo and the live stores, that once deployed online it functions and responds quickly and well. sorry to hear that you didn't discover that. Please feel free to post other observations but please make sure that you have considered things fully first, that way if there is a problem we can provide the assistance you need. We were impressed to see that you have tried every version since 2008, we hope to see you returing in the years to come where one day your offline testing setup might enable you to enjoy this brilliant application."
11 years ago
I'm using Nop since 1.8 on a business server with fiber disks, a quad-core 16GB o RAM but with SQLExpress on board.
Weaknesses of Nop (public store) are basically two:

1) It's slow at first load, expecially (as in my case) if you run a heavy banner with some big pictures. The first time a user reaches the site is the most critical: his opinion is formung in the first 30 seconds, and if he has to wait almost a half for loading, it's not really a good start;

2) Database usage is too heavy, exepecially if you load images from DB (I suggest to avoid this). Actually with a limited number of visitors the poor performances of SQLExpress against a clustered dedicated server are not so evident.

That's all. Nop is not the fastest neither the slowest cart of the world
11 years ago
Load time on product load in Microsoft IIS is 3 seconds. 100488 products. To me thats good. That is on my development server and not my webserver.
11 years ago
The load time also depends on how much product you load on page. And what are the other db calls. If you're not sue what is taking long time. Turn on the Mini Profiler from admin panel and see which method take long to execute and then see how you can optimize it. Else you can use any good application profiler to do the same.

We have a store with more than 160,000 products on nopcommerce. And it was really slow. Taking 4-7 seconds to return a first byte is not at all acceptable.  You need to do aggressive caching and remove all unnecessary db calls to make it really fast. The problem we identified is the inefficient db queries made by the EF, we focused our effort on rewriting them with custom stored procedure and noticed improved speeds. But still we're struggling to optimize it further to support more number of visitors. With few thousand visitors the performance really bad.

Its accepted for any opensource products. You got it free, accept it as it is and work on it. If you have experience on Magento, its also very slow when you have such large products/categories. Even OpenCart & ZenCart are slow with such a setup. For each of carting solution, you need to optimize it. Or go for an enterprise version of cart software that is well priced and well supported with optimization features.. like Magento's full page caching & Solr for blazingly fast product search & faceted catalog browsing. So choice is yours. If you can't work on these things, go for a commercially supported carting software.

One thing we noticed is that, NopCommerce has finest project structure compared to other carting solution, and is much potential if performance is improved. With each version there is a good performance increment. But still its not something which is really acceptable. It needs a boost of performance built into it, and may be a one special version focusing only on performance optimization before adding new features. With lakhs of products, and thousands of categories we have our admin panel which is performing even more poor than front site. So add my one point for calling for performance optimization round to Nop team.

The community including NopTeam should focus first on Performance Optimization which is having larger benefit to all of nopcommerce users, and then focus on adding new features.
11 years ago
@pjaramillo

i am also facing same issue and i explored too much about this and finally found that speed issue with our machine's not Nopcommerce is slow.

Thanks
11 years ago
Hi,

Let's make nopCommerce rocking.

You can vote here for Full Page Caching feature in nopCommerce

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10983
11 years ago
actually incomparable with the performance of the demo.store nop that ran in lodgings x, y, z ...
the application takes too when first accessed reaching about 10-15 seconds to start
in my case that helped was the pingalive.

I hope to improve the performance of the nop or at least put the necessary requirements to run a complication equal to the nop demo.store

Andrei Mazoulnitsyn Please, help us
11 years ago
Looking through the code, I can understand how some people may have painful load times.  There are several calls that could be simplified using SPs vs Entity.  Entity with Lazy Loading does is a bit helpful, but still, some data pulled back can get pretty large.

A few suggestions I could think of from past experience in dealing with performance are the following:  use caching when it is feasible (not everywhere.  You create a new monster if you go that route).  Resturcturing the DB would help by collapsing some tables into one another.  Some thoughts in that path are the mapper tables that I have frequently seen that don't really serve too much purpose at times.

Throwing hardware at the problem does help but is a temporary fix if the issue has been ongoing.  It does help for a while but it does have it's limits.  Solving the internal issues is easier than purchasing more and more hardware to run Nop.
11 years ago
Hi,

For anyone looking to fix nopCommerce performance issues.. we have a very different solution that not just fix nopCommerce performance issue but also improves it in lot of ways.. and make it very easy to scale.

See how we're fixing nopCommerce performance issues, to make it more fast, scalable & reliable by visiting our website, http://www.nopAccelerate.com/

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.