product is way too slow for business!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Dear friend who said the NOP and very slow, I agree that he is not the champion of speed. but I follow the nop since version 1.9 and I can say that with every new version he is more and faster.
Instead of wasting your time criticizing nop, spend that time helping the community to further refine the core.
Remember the time that the team members in developing spared any code.
10 years ago
Guys Iam using Nopcommerce as well and it is very slow to be honest. WWW.AKERMART.COM it is running under shared hosting in Arvixe , Iam planning to change but i want to make sure it is because of hosting company
10 years ago
I'm running on vmware clustered enviroment in a 2008R2 with 2 virtual pro and sqlexpress 2008.
It hangs frequently , waiting for some db tasks. I enlarged virtual disk s po ace witg no appearent result
10 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
I'm running on vmware clustered enviroment in a 2008R2 with 2 virtual pro and sqlexpress 2008.
It hangs frequently , waiting for some db tasks. I enlarged virtual disk s po ace witg no appearent result

To find the bottleneck you might want to take some performance tests and process analysis, eventlogs etc.
Frequently hangs don't sound like a website issue.
BTW vmware is nice but I would not use it for Database jobs since the environment is built for high performance and
does direct system read and write on disk. Making it virtual will boycott that.
Clusters on the other hand do some synchronizing jobs that also may cause the behaviour you describe if not set up correctly.
10 years ago
Ah, got it. I think in fact that it'something concerned with SQLServer Express. I will investigate.  Thank you very much for your suggestions.
10 years ago
we upload test website on dedicated server.
2700 products
180000 attributes for that products. Have no any issues with speed.
If something is slowing down the system then it's very reasonable.
10 years ago
pjaramillo wrote:
... snipped..

Once loaded for the first time, yes it is faster, because it has loadaded into the Cache, but all first time users have to wait the miracle (if it happens) to see it for the first time.  

It is a very funny comment you've made. You imaginary "All first time users (plural)" is non-existence , you would ever only have ONE first time user (no s, singular), and that first user will be likely internal staff doing testing... Or in your case, I doubt you have testers... if you have done your load testing and stress testing, you wouldn't be complaining...

To put my words in Linq, Users.First() should always return ONE user, not a collections of User(s)...

Did you put your images on CDN? Did you scale up and scale out your servers?
10 years ago
Hi,
First of all thanks for nop team that is nopcommerce is free.
secodly i am sorry for my english.

Nopcommerce maybe is best ecommerce project but is really  very slow.i tested nopcommrece from 1.9 to 3.1 version.
all of this version is slow.:(
now i download 3.1 versiyon , deployed  and published to dedicated server.
i uninstall many instlled plugin.
there is only default product.
system options:
intel (R) Xeon(R) CPu x3430 2.40GHz
RAM:8 GB
Windows Server 2008 R2 standart(64bit)
SQL server 2008 R2
iis 7

home in first time load about 20-30 second.After that all page whit default product shows about 0.5-3 seccond.
what happened if upload 1000 product  ?
and why demo nopcoomerce is not slowly ?
which server options user demo nopccomece.
how can fix this speed problem?
Thanks to All.
10 years ago
We were running nop 2.8 on VPS and had no problems. 13,000 products. We just upgraded to 3.1. The site runs fine but we are having issues with the back end performance but only for products.

Clicking on 'Manage Products' takes about 30 seconds for the products to load.
Click on 'Edit' for an individual product takes about 30 seconds for the product to load.
Click on 'Save' and it takes about 30 seconds for the product to save.

Anything having to do with products is severely crawling. We had no issue in 2.8

Anyone know of a solution or why this is happening.

Thanks
10 years ago
Hi,

I am a newbie to NOP Commerce but build two large multilingual European web shops from scratch based on www.dotnetnuke.com. I did not choose to commercialize or support a free version due to the low budget most web shop owners have. I can tell you those shops are 6 digit numbers. A couple of years ago NopCommerce was not mature enough, I believe it is now. It is upfront in MVC/ EF technology and support mobile platforms. Great work! Still things to do, so everybody free to contribute with features and source code modifications (I assume like in DotNetNuke).

There are plenty non Microsoft related products like Wordpress, Magento etc. which are also free are more widely used. I prefer to stick to Microsoft since you can code fast if you need something, it has Application Live Cycle Management, it is a heaven for coders..although it costs money...and that money is invested in research, support and new features. Also - if setup correctly - it is save and far less hacked than other platforms.

Websites based on Microsoft technology are slow due to the Just-In-Time Compilation. This means a developer has always access to the meta-description of the code, which enhances reuse and security checking before the compiler actually runs the software. There are many other things related to this. So if you start your webshop for the first time, it needs to compile which depends heavily on resources.

Then it is compiled...and you have no visitors..then the application pool will recycle. That is like giving all resources back to the hardware, so the compilation done, it thrown away and waiting for the next visitor.

So you have 2 issues here. Just-In-Time can be solved by compiling with a simple comment on your web server. Not sure if Nopcommerce is suitable for this. Secondly, you can install a keep alive service which looks up a page every 10 minutes. This avoids that the application recycles..and sometimes it does, but then before your visitor comes to your site, that keep alive service already did trigger a new compilation.

I have a keep alive running and a VPS with 4 GB for 20 euro/ month so that I have full control on everything. Including the source. Some hosting parties sometimes reduce the application cycle so they can host more low traffic websites. So take notice that your keep alive needs to be shorter as well.

I did not look for a means in MVC to cache pages or part of pages with output cache. For the shops I build - with many visitors - basically you do need database caching, because on a single box, SQL uses a lot of resources. I have not looked how caching is handled in NopCommerce, but it will speed up things dramatically.

Also in MVC you can use the PageList MVC control from nuget, it is very fast. we have a dedicated web application in MVC5 / EF6 which many records which is totally unrelated to the amount of records in the database. Easy to code, due to Microsoft technology like MVC and EF6. Both technologies widely adapted in the Promise project of Microsoft. That means EF6 is open source and now adapted by large players like SAP, Oracle, etc.

Enjoy Nop Commerce.
J.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.