Error: Keep alive' schedule task

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
You need the source
10 years ago
I can do an update from no source to source? is possible?
10 years ago
Download the source.
Open in visual studio and edit Nop.Services/Common/KeepAliveTask.cs

from: string url = _storeContext.CurrentStore.Url + "keepalive";
to:     string url = _storeContext.CurrentStore.Url + "keepalive/index";

Rebuild the services library and then upload the newly built dll into your websites bin folder then restart the application so the new library is loaded.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I confirm this issue. Although keep alive schedule task worked as it should (a site was alive), it generated error records in system log.

Fixed. Please see changeset b0af96652767.

P.S. If you're using "no source code" version, then just disable this schedule task (admin area > system > schedule tasks) and use some third-party service such as pingdom

I make this for now, i used pingdom and work fine, thanks to all
10 years ago
I did some testing on my site and here is what i found:

I do have two languages and localizationsettings.seofriendlyurlsforlanguagesenabled.

On the class KeepAliveTask the url is built:
string url = _storeContext.CurrentStore.Url + "keepalive";

which means is hitting www.mywebsite.com/keepalive

First I thought it had to hit www.mywebsite.com/en/keepalive

but neither address was resolving.

Then I decided to look into the routing.

By default the url should resolve to the controller KeepAliveController. I set up a break point on

return Content("I am alive!"); but never was hit.

So I follow the instructions on http://haacked.com/archive/2008/03/13/url-routing-debugger.aspx  to troubleshoot the routing and I found that www.mywebsite.com/keepalive was resolving to
Controller = "Common"
generic_se_name = "KeepAlive"
Action = "PageNotFound"

This route is defined in GenericUrlRouteProvider class

I tested with www.mywebsite.com/en/keepalive with same results.

So for some reason the priority of that route is interfering with the correct route.

My next test will be to add a route for keepalive instead of relaying on the MVC framework to resolve it for me.
10 years ago
galtulsa wrote:
I did some testing on my site and here is what i found...

Please the previous post of mine. It refers to a changeset with the fix
10 years ago
Yes, the change fix did it for me.

It has a better workaround than what I was going to try, which was create another route higher in the priority.

Good Job!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
10 years ago
Made the changes. Works. Thank you!
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I did some testing on my site and here is what i found...
Please the previous post of mine. It refers to a changeset with the fix

I've tried a few of the suggested things to fix my error 'Error while running the 'Keep alive' schedule task. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.'

I've applied the changeset and changed the store url to include the 'www.' and back to not include the 'www.' before my store url. Adding the 'www.' gave me a warning in 'System > Warnings'

I've done a new build, prepare and deploy and uploaded new files through ftp. Cleared cache and restarted application from admin panel and still receiving the error. I'm have SSL enabled but not specifying a SSL store url. I left that up to nop to complete, which works fine.

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?
10 years ago
same same
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.