Error: Keep alive' schedule task

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Are you on version 3.00 as well?
10 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:
I did some testing on my site and here is what i found...
Please the previous post of mine. It refers to a changeset with the fix

I've tried a few of the suggested things to fix my error 'Error while running the 'Keep alive' schedule task. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.'

I've applied the changeset and changed the store url to include the 'www.' and back to not include the 'www.' before my store url. Adding the 'www.' gave me a warning in 'System > Warnings'

I've done a new build, prepare and deploy and uploaded new files through ftp. Cleared cache and restarted application from admin panel and still receiving the error. I'm have SSL enabled but not specifying a SSL store url. I left that up to nop to complete, which works fine.

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

Still having the issue. Any other suggestions?
10 years ago
I'll probably end up using pingdom in addition to the following fix:

1. Opened Nopcommerce 3.0 source code version in Visual Studio 2012 for Web.

2. Made the changes to the following files:

src/Libraries/Nop.Services/Common/KeepAliveTask.cs
src/Presentation/Nop.Web/Global.asax.cs

.. using the code changes from this URL:

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/b0af96652767

3. I switched the visual studio project from Debug to Release in the dropdown.

4. Rebuild the whole solution

5. Navigated to the Libraries\Nop.Services\bin\Release and uploaded the Nop.Services.dll to my website server wwwroot/bin.

6. I logged into nopcommerce on my live website and restarted the application and set the keep alive from 300 to 30 seconds just for testing (system --> scheduled tasks).    Make sure you set your store's domain name under stores ---> edit.

Success, the keep alive built into nopcommerce is working.
10 years ago
kp948 wrote:
I'll probably end up using pingdom in addition to the following fix:

1. Opened Nopcommerce 3.0 source code version in Visual Studio 2012 for Web.

2. Made the changes to the following files:

src/Libraries/Nop.Services/Common/KeepAliveTask.cs
src/Presentation/Nop.Web/Global.asax.cs

.. using the code changes from this URL:

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/b0af96652767

3. I switched the visual studio project from Debug to Release in the dropdown.

4. Rebuild the whole solution

5. Navigated to the Libraries\Nop.Services\bin\Release and uploaded the Nop.Services.dll to my website server wwwroot/bin.

6. I logged into nopcommerce on my live website and restarted the application and set the keep alive from 300 to 30 seconds just for testing (system --> scheduled tasks).    Make sure you set your store's domain name under stores ---> edit.

Success, the keep alive built into nopcommerce is working.

mine works after following this step, thank you.
10 years ago
I solved this by creating /keepalive directory.

I also put an empty index.html file in the directory, but it seems like this is not needed.

Found solution by reading IIS-log:

Before change i got return 404:

2013-07-29 10:39:39 10.18.1.14 GET /keepalive - 80 - [ip] - 404 0 0 124

After change i got return 200:
2013-07-29 10:54:49 10.18.1.14 GET /keepalive/ - 80 - [ip] - 200 0 0 15
10 years ago
Hi,
I have external keep Alive service running. I pointed it to seositemap. That logs under the online customers....every 10 minuten. I see that the nop Alive service uses http://www.storeurl.com/keepalive ? Can i use this url for this purpose?
J.
10 years ago
Specifically, it is  .../keepalive/index

Yes, you should use it. As per global.asax

//keep alive page requested (we ignore it to prevent creating a guest customer records)
    string keepAliveUrl = string.Format("{0}keepalive/index", webHelper.GetStoreLocation());
9 years ago
A workaround with v3.2 (2.8 and 3.0 did not) was I added the IP address of the domain name for keepalive in the host file on the actual hosting server to point to its own IP. This cleared up the Log for me with v3.2.. I know not everyone will have access to that file but perhaps the hosting co. can add a local DNS entry for your keepalive domain name. It even works on your local box. I'm using WebMatrix for publishing.
9 years ago
bayden10 wrote:
A workaround with v3.2 (2.8 and 3.0 did not) was I added the IP address of the domain name for keepalive in the host file on the actual hosting server to point to its own IP. This cleared up the Log for me with v3.2.. I know not everyone will have access to that file but perhaps the hosting co. can add a local DNS entry for your keepalive domain name. It even works on your local box. I'm using WebMatrix for publishing.

v3.0 worked after creating a keepalive directory in the root of the WEB folder, creating an index.html file (blank) setting the security permissions to everyone with RW Full access (on the folder) and adding the domain name in the host file. Restarted the website in IIS

v2.8 worked after removing the keepalive directory (was previously added before the host file addition) and adding the domain name in the host file. restarted the website in IIS.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.