nopCommerce 3.00 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

3.0 is going to have Bundled Products... It will be great if you can describe how you're planning it? Bundled Products will be similar to Configurable Products?

What changes you're planning on Product Variants, Attributes Options & Attributes Combinations with this new features?
11 years ago
Multi-Warehouse support is also an important feature for us. Currently, shipping costs are only caclulated based on one location, but they need to be calculated based on each product's location. If a customer orders products from multiple warehouses, then the customer usually ends up paying less than the actual shipping cost. This can result in an unprofitable order. We also use the Warehouse section in (1.9) to store contact information for each warehouse. Additionally, we have over a dozen warehouses that we ship from and a place to centralize warehouse information and associate warehouses to products is paramount to our business.
11 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi,

3.0 is going to have Bundled Products... It will be great if you can describe how you're planning it? Bundled Products will be similar to Configurable Products?

What changes you're planning on Product Variants, Attributes Options & Attributes Combinations with this new features?

We haven't thought about it yet
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

We haven't thought about it yet

Thank you for your update. If you can provide some idea, that will be great however I understand that you must be very busy with other tasks.

Regards
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
The multi warehouse functionality that is due in this release is crucial to us. We need to be able manage stock in two warehouse locations and certain countries use certain warehouses.

Will this release be on time? e.g. May 2013 - is this end or start of May?

Thanks.

The  ACL type of mappings might be suitable for this. Consider mapping product variants which can be used to differentiate pricing, currency, costs, taxing, warehouses, stock management, etc.

Thanks eadameg I've looked through the demo for ACL but on customer roles there's seems to be no restriction by country on there. I guess we can extend the power of customer roles through the code to add a country restriction? The problem then is that we need two products (one ACL'd for one set of countries, one ACL'd for another) but we only have one SKU?

I don't see how the ACL can help us here unless you have another insight?
11 years ago
rsmithinfo wrote:
The multi warehouse functionality that is due in this release is crucial to us. We need to be able manage stock in two warehouse locations and certain countries use certain warehouses.

Will this release be on time? e.g. May 2013 - is this end or start of May?

Thanks.

The  ACL type of mappings might be suitable for this. Consider mapping product variants which can be used to differentiate pricing, currency, costs, taxing, warehouses, stock management, etc.

Thanks eadameg I've looked through the demo for ACL but on customer roles there's seems to be no restriction by country on there. I guess we can extend the power of customer roles through the code to add a country restriction? The problem then is that we need two products (one ACL'd for one set of countries, one ACL'd for another) but we only have one SKU?

I don't see how the ACL can help us here unless you have another insight?

I just meant as an a general outline/idea to use an ACL kind of mappings. You should have mappings per country or automatically assign your customer a role according to the country where they are located (ejample A-Countries or B-Countries) you will need only one product definition with variants A or B according to country. Check examplesI provided here (mainly case 5)
11 years ago
hi , when we want to import product price list from excel file , need to prepare many things in excel file to import and some supplier send file with  20.000 pcs product in side and very difficult to prepare product excel import file , can we make some changes there ? maybe we can make price import table and we can map only which colums we need to use because customer send us usually only product name , sku , price and stock , just 4 column in excel and it is all and we can show all our categorys in drop down menu and we can choice category and manufacturer from drop down menus which products will be mapped for it.
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I just meant as an a general outline/idea to use an ACL kind of mappings. You should have mappings per country or automatically assign your customer a role according to the country where they are located (ejample A-Countries or B-Countries) you will need only one product definition with variants A or B according to country. Check examplesI provided here (mainly case 5)

Thanks Eduardo this may fit our requirements for now. Look forward to release 3 though.
11 years ago
webxpro wrote:
hi , when we want to import product price list from excel file , need to prepare many things in excel file to import and some supplier send file with  20.000 pcs product in side and very difficult to prepare product excel import file , can we make some changes there ? maybe we can make price import table and we can map only which colums we need to use because customer send us usually only product name , sku , price and stock , just 4 column in excel and it is all and we can show all our categorys in drop down menu and we can choice category and manufacturer from drop down menus which products will be mapped for it.

Totally agreed, we are building something huge here and we need to build a solid infrastructure around it so that vendor and multistore product definitions can be done easily. Some suggestions are:

1) Include store and vendor identification columns in bulk import and export
2) Provide search capabilities based on vendor and store in the admin panel
3) Include store and vendor selection dropdowns in the product bulk edit page
11 years ago
What about custom fields support for products/customers/categories? Will it be considered in future releases?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.