Admin area

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am having the same issue updating to 1.40. I did not update the database because I did not want to start from scratch with the changes that I have made to it. I suspect that the v1.40 include changes in the SQL database structure. How can we merge our old database with a 1.40 database?

Screenshot:

http://infoappz.com/nopScreenshot.jpg
14 years ago
Any chance of a response on this guys? Seems to be a very common problem.
14 years ago
Admin area was localized in nopCommerce 1.40. And you have not executed SQL update script (with new resources) over your database. That's why you don't see localized resources.
14 years ago
Actually, it was because of the timeout error I found on another post. I have downloaded the revised sql scripts (released 14th December) and that has fixed the problem. Perhaps you could make this particular bug fix a little more public?
14 years ago
My problem was fixed by having my hosting company adding in a Handler Mapping for *.axd files to your web.configs which is required for AJAX on IIS7. This resolved the menu problem.
14 years ago
This will be occured if we have made localization with our nopcommerce 1.4 site. When we have more than 1 language installed in our database and set our local language as the default language instead of english. Our admin area's resoureces' caption will display with data from "LocaleResource Name" field, not the "Value" filed in "LocaleStringResource" Table. nopCommerce 1.40 has not separate the localization of it's public store front and admin area.

I also got this bug.
I Dashboard menu was display as "Admin.Dashboard", Store Statistics menu was display as "Store Statistics" for example. The submenus were mixed up because of too long text displayed.

I have to select the language to be English everytime i loggin in the admin area to make it looked fine.
So, I create a new sql script and copy the data of "LocaleStringResource" Table from the "nopCommerce_upgrade.sql" file extracted from nopComerce 1.40 Installation Set (line 1 - 9380) into my new sql script file.

The new sql script file should begin with

--new locale resources
declare @resources xml
set @resources='
<Language LanguageID="7">
<LocaleResource Name="Address.FirstNameIsRequired">
    <Value>First name is required</Value>
  </LocaleResource>

Ending with

CLOSE cur_localeresource
DEALLOCATE cur_localeresource

DROP TABLE #LocaleStringResourceTmp
GO

In the new sql script we have to change the LanguageID Value in Line No. 4 (9 of "nopCommerce_upgrade.sql")
In my case (Thai Language), LanguageID must be "8"
Then, I change the value of each LocaleResource Record to "Thai" as I needed, and save the file.

I run my new adminlocaleresource.sql script file in my database and go back to my admin area and refresh, then every resources had been shown as it should be.

Hope this can help you.
Regard,
Kampoln
14 years ago
I recently Installed nop Commerce on a windows XP machine with IIS, PHP 5.2, microsoft SQL Server, microsoft Visual Studio 9, and asp.net 3.5. I installed from the microsoft web platform installer.  I get the error  "directory listing denied" when I try to access  http://localhost/nopCommerce or http://localhost/nopCommerce/Administration.
    I have never been able to get it to work.
   The connection strings configuration file is only
<connectionStrings>

</connectionStrings>
   What do I need to do get this to work? I am running out of hair.
   Thank you for any help you can provide.
Jerry
14 years ago
On both a Godady sie (1.30) and my own server (1.40)

I mistakenly changed password email address for admin and can no longer login as admin. I checked database to see if I could correct it there but it is not clear to me.

Can you tell me how to correct it.

Bob Shevlin
14 years ago
You can create a new user like so.

INSERT [dbo].[Nop_Customer] ([CustomerID], [CustomerGUID], [Email], [Username], [PasswordHash], [SaltKey], [AffiliateID], [BillingAddressID], [ShippingAddressID], [LastPaymentMethodID], [LastAppliedCouponCode], [LanguageID], [CurrencyID], [TaxDisplayTypeID], [IsTaxExempt], [IsAdmin], [IsGuest], [IsForumModerator], [TotalForumPosts], [Signature], [AdminComment], [Active], [Deleted], [RegistrationDate], [TimeZoneID], [AvatarID]) VALUES (37, N'18c4f7dc-2964-41db-9611-8a313bf672d3', N'[email protected]', N'[email protected]', N'14F009DDBEF203EDC2124D54FA6D325E16E36D77', N'vw7zHZI=', 0, 0, 0, 0, N'', 7, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, N'', N'', 1, 0, CAST(0x00009B3600C2192F AS DateTime), N'', 0)

You can this then login with the default details

username: [email protected]
password: admin
14 years ago
thank you

what software are you using to execute this sql statement

I have nop.citruscables.com on a remote server which I have complete access to running sql2005express .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.