Adding a db bound field in customer account and shopping cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

I have had a look in the forum about try to add a new feild in the customer account section and also in the cart on the customer details page but could not find much.

What is needed:

Some of the items we sell you have to have a licence number and be over 18 to purchase the items, what we need is to be able for the customer to be able to store there licence number in there account area and also be able to enter it in the shopping cart page and if possiable to be auto populated in the shopping page.
11 years ago
garrie007 wrote:
Hi,

I have had a look in the forum about try to add a new feild in the customer account section and also in the cart on the customer details page but could not find much.

What is needed:

Some of the items we sell you have to have a licence number and be over 18 to purchase the items, what we need is to be able for the customer to be able to store there licence number in there account area and also be able to enter it in the shopping cart page and if possiable to be auto populated in the shopping page.

I suggest you create a customer role "Over18" and use ACL on products/categories to hide the product or ACL table to hide add to cart button. You can customize your store to assign the role to those who fill a form with the licence number. To add another fiel to different tables search  in this forum for Generic Attributes feature which has been available for several months.
This might help too:https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8201/age-verification.aspx
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Hi,

What is needed:

I suggest you create a customer role "Over18" and use ACL on products/categories to hide the product or ACL table to hide add to cart button. You can customize your store to assign the role to those who fill a form with the licence number. To add another fiel to different tables search  in this forum for Generic Attributes feature which has been available for several months.
This might help too:https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8201/age-verification.aspx

Hi,

Thanks for that, i can use that solution for the registered customers but not for the anoymous guests, i will have a good search.

Thanks you
11 years ago
I think you could use the additional Over18 role for both types of customers (Registered and Guest).
11 years ago
And get the License Number in a Checkout Attribute.
11 years ago
Hi,

@Eduardo

@AndyMcKenna

you guys are the best, both solutions helped massively to sort the problem out, created customer role based on age and role attribute and a checkout attribute to be displayed as a text box, wicked all there except,

cannot see the title of the checkout attribute, maybe a local string prob? have no idea?

can a registered customer who has a number in there account have it populated to the checkout attribute automatically?

once again thank you, you dont know how happy i am right now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.