Using nopCommerce 2.8 instead of 2.65 after customizing the code.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

Months ago I download nopCommerce 2.65 version and I customized lot of stuff (in Code with Views/ model etc.). I would like to use 2.8 with those customization. May I know how Codeplex can help me out in this.

Thanks & Best Regards

Jay Khatri
11 years ago
i also have same problem , i use nop 1.9 and i changed in code maybe %20-25 but i cant upgrade now to 2.8 because im not sure it will work and i dont know how to do also ..
11 years ago
you are using a tool to repository? if not I advise the TortoiseHg. Makes it quite easy to migrate from a custom to a new version. I do not know if I understand your question
11 years ago
CodeMaster wrote:
i also have same problem , i use nop 1.9 and i changed in code maybe %20-25 but i cant upgrade now to 2.8 because im not sure it will work and i dont know how to do also ..

I think in your case you will have to do manually, since there was a drastic change in the architecture of webforms to MVC
11 years ago
I customized a lot of stuff in 2.3 about a year ago.  I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.8 right now.  I keep everything in TFS so to do it I:

-Download 2.8 from CodePlex and create a new folder next to my normal one in TFS
-Do a baseless merge from my custom version to 2.8, this requires using the diff tool to resolve any conflicks
-Open the merged solution and go through and fix the errors that were missed in the merge.

It's definitely a pain.  If it's possible to make your changes through a plugin in the future, I would do that.  It's not always an option, though.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.