SITE DOWN! getting DB error.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
and you expected something different on those servers, godaddy, perhaps the worst server I've ever experienced, perhaps for a miss of my country, locaweb - good lucky
11 years ago
I tried to clear log entries from SQL SMS yesterday at about 6pm.  It crashed the database with an error of "The transaction log for database 'kcproducts' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.database"  The we site is once again down.

Last night at 10PM I received an e-mail from Arvixe

"Hello, It seems that the logical name of your database is mismatched which seems to be causing the issue. We will need to take the database offline for correcting the issue. Please let us know when we can stop the database so that we can proceed further."

DB is broke, web site is down, nobody can access anything but them, and they left it that way to get permission from me to work on it????

The site has been at Arvixe for two years and it now has a name mismatch?

rohanjj wrote:
My log file had around 24000 entries. I cleared them all as my site was still under construction.

Maybe you can try to take a back up of your database and then clear all entries from the log file and those unnecessary guest accounts from customer table.
11 years ago
For entertainment I checked the DB server our database is on, and counted just under 900 databases.

Must be a hell of a server ;-).

Or not.
11 years ago
Web site was moved to Softsys and OMG what a difference!.  The "broken" DB was restored to their server (something you can't do at Arvixe, never could in 2 years.  Backup Ok, restore would crash), and worked fine with no effort on my part.  10 emails back and forth to support were answered in minutes, control panel much better (and fully functional), and performance unbelievably better.

On a shared server!

I've lost at least 30 hours of time that I could not bill the client.  What I've experienced with Softsys certainly is worth the extra $3.50 a month
10 years ago
There is a bug in as late as version 2.8 in which the GenericAttribute table contents accumulate and never get purged.

See article at:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/21837/genericattribute-table-not-cleared.aspx

There you will find a codeplex link for the code fix.

Also, if anyone else experiences this, here are some things to try:

Go through your Log table (the table that comes with nopCommerce, not your SQL transaction log) and purge any old entries.

The Log and GenericAttribute tables tend to accumulate rows far more than any other table.   The third highest will likely be the QueuedEmail table.  

Once you've removed the files, this will clear out some of the data space, but it will not clear the SQL reserved space (which would have been the amount you started with for a given table, before your purge).  You'll need to run some jobs to reclaim that space as well.

You can do this a couple ways:

RUN the following:
DBCC DBREINDEX (YOUR_TABLE_NAME_HERE)

Also, in SQL, go to database, right-click and  choose TASKS, SHRINK, DATABASE.  Check the box that reads, "reorganize files before releasing..."
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.