SITE DOWN! getting DB error.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
You've got to be able to see those files.  I'm guessing your DB login doesn't allow it and Arxive will have to check.  Does your web hosting control panel indicate amount of space remaining?  It's starting to sound like this is shared hosting, their DB server could be full even though your website is not.
11 years ago
Tangopdx wrote:
Arvixe control panel shows log file at 500KB, data file at 1024KB

That seems way too low.  I thought the default Nop DB was something like 22MB?
11 years ago
Interesting.  The figures I gave you are from Arvixe control panel, figures from SQL SMS are Size 101.49MB, space available 1.09MB
11 years ago
I've now had a chat window with Arvixe for one hour.  The only thing the other end has said is "I'm checking, please wait" and "How do I recreate the error?".  To which I replied "go to our website".  Sheeeesh.
11 years ago
And this is the end result after 58 minutes.

"This needs to be checked in detailed,I will open a ticket and will update you via email very soon"

I'm done with them.
11 years ago
Yuck.  Good luck.  If you decide to move there have been a few threads about other hosts.  I'm using a VPS which requires more knowledge of Windows Server but you also have a lot more resources and control.
11 years ago
Yes, one of those threads was partly mine as a result of the last down time (17 hours) where I requested recomandations.  I'm looking at winhost.  I've been IT (support, programming, desktop and networking) since about 1995, and use VMware on our office server, so that's not a problem.  Just a tight client ;-)

I'll update this thread with what Arvixe finds out in case it could benefit others.

Thanks Andy

AndyMcKenna wrote:
Yuck.  Good luck.  If you decide to move there have been a few threads about other hosts.  I'm using a VPS which requires more knowledge of Windows Server but you also have a lot more resources and control.
11 years ago
Hi Tangopdx,

Infact i received the same error on my site at Godaddy.
Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.GenericAttribute'.'PK__GenericA__3214EC07286302EC' in database 'XXYYZZAA' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Now the error is fixed. I am not sure if what i did got it corrected or someone at Godaddy corrected it. I never raised a ticket with Godaddy guys though.

I did the following steps.
1) Access the database directly from Godaddy.
2) Fortunately, it lists all the tables and the no of rows each table has.
3) I deleted all entries from the 'Log' table. The log table was huge.
4) I deleted couple of entries from the 'Customer' and 'Customer_customerrole_mappings' tables.

I noticed that for each people accessing the site, it creates guests account here. Anyway after 5 minutes, the site is up and running. Make sure you don't delete the actual customers but those guests accounts (those entries which have no usernames).

I hope this helps. Maybe somebody else faced this same issue.
11 years ago
Arvixe has no ability to access the database on the nuts and bolts level.  I do however have access to it with SQL SMS, and found noting wrong.  The genericattribute table only had about 5000 entries.

So far Arvixe has not answered my question as to what was wrong, and what was fixed.  My log file was 500 meg, can you advise how large yours was?

rohanjj wrote:
Hi Tangopdx,

Infact i received the same error on my site at Godaddy.
Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.GenericAttribute'.'PK__GenericA__3214EC07286302EC' in database 'XXYYZZAA' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Now the error is fixed. I am not sure if what i did got it corrected or someone at Godaddy corrected it. I never raised a ticket with Godaddy guys though.

I did the following steps.
1) Access the database directly from Godaddy.
2) Fortunately, it lists all the tables and the no of rows each table has.
3) I deleted all entries from the 'Log' table. The log table was huge.
4) I deleted couple of entries from the 'Customer' and 'Customer_customerrole_mappings' tables.

I noticed that for each people accessing the site, it creates guests account here. Anyway after 5 minutes, the site is up and running. Make sure you don't delete the actual customers but those guests accounts (those entries which have no usernames).

I hope this helps. Maybe somebody else faced this same issue.
11 years ago
My log file had around 24000 entries. I cleared them all as my site was still under construction.

Maybe you can try to take a back up of your database and then clear all entries from the log file and those unnecessary guest accounts from customer table.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.