Multi-vendor roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
... Configurable payment options and charges per vendor: ...
Hi Dennis: Will this be handled by Payment Director and something alike for shipping (configurable shipping methods/charges by) by Shipping Director? In this case it wouldn't mind that each vendor would have to provide their API Keys/Passwords/etc

I've not had much time to look at 3.0 yet.  I think per vendor payment options is doable; the only concern being what hezyz mentioned about "annoying for the end user.".  But, I think that would only be the case if vendors used methods like PayPal which require a customer going to another site to complete the transaction.  If vendors used methods like Authorize.NET, then it should not be a problem.

For shipping, I'd like to get a sense of what to expect with
a.m. wrote:
... Here are some things still to be done (after 3.00 release):
1. Configurable shipping options and rates (managed by a vendor).....

Shipping Director is a "Rate Calculation Method".  Having a UI similar to Amazon's ability to select different methods for different packages requires UI changes, and the ability to process the returned form, and a place to store the vendor to shipping selection information and ability for vendor/admin to see and manage it.  This may require core nopC support.
11 years ago
New York wrote:
... Configurable payment options and charges per vendor: ...
Hi Dennis: Will this be handled by Payment Director and something alike for shipping (configurable shipping methods/charges by) by Shipping Director? In this case it wouldn't mind that each vendor would have to provide their API Keys/Passwords/etc

I've not had much time to look at 3.0 yet.  I think per vendor payment options is doable; the only concern being what hezyz mentioned about "annoying for the end user.".  But, I think that would only be the case if vendors used methods like PayPal which require a customer going to another site to complete the transaction.  If vendors used methods like Authorize.NET, then it should not be a problem.

For shipping, I'd like to get a sense of what to expect with
... Here are some things still to be done (after 3.00 release):
1. Configurable shipping options and rates (managed by a vendor).....
Shipping Director is a "Rate Calculation Method".  Having a UI similar to Amazon's ability to select different methods for different packages requires UI changes, and the ability to process the returned form, and a place to store the vendor to shipping selection information and ability for vendor/admin to see and manage it.  This may require core nopC support.

Thank you. I will be in tuch when time comes.
11 years ago
Do these new features for Multi-Vendor allow an admin to create a packing slip before entering a tracking number? For dropshippers we usually have to send the packaging slip when we send the Purchase Order and don't receive the tracking number until the vendor has shipped the product to the customer. This makes it really hard to brand ourselves the way the system currently works.
11 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:
Do these new features for Multi-Vendor allow an admin to create a packing slip before entering a tracking number? For dropshippers we usually have to send the packaging slip when we send the Purchase Order and don't receive the tracking number until the vendor has shipped the product to the customer. This makes it really hard to brand ourselves the way the system currently works.

Yes. A store owner can create a shipment (hence print a packing slip), then a vendor can enter a tracking number (later).

P.S. Actually the system could do the same before multi-vendor support. A store owner could create a shipment and then enter a tracking number (later).
11 years ago
@hezyz

i can not enter your 3.0 multivendor codeplex page , what problem ? how to download and test it ?
11 years ago
I have spent several hours testing the multi-store and multi-vendor http://demo.online-ex.com/ demo set by hezyz (thank you hezyz!!), and didn't find any bugs or problems.

Andrei: I must say it has been done brilliantly, it is powerful and at the same time easy to configure. It  is easy to ignore (or hide with ACL) if the user is not using the multi-store feature.

SUGGESTIONS:
- In admin>sales>current cart/wish-list should include to which store do they belong. A search filter by date and store could be useful.
- Option to map product variants by store to consider that different store can have different pricing, shipping/handling conditions, warehouse/inventory
- Enhance shipping by weight plugin to include mapping by store

QUESTIONS:
1) In a multi-store environment can affiliates use  all URLs corresponding to all set stores?
2) If it is required to have different content elements (text strings, topics, message templates, news, etc.)  could it be handled (as a hack) as different languages? Example I want different texts/topics/message-templates in 3 different stores (all in spanish) I could define 3 different languages Spanish1, Spanish2 and Spanish3
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
SUGGESTIONS:

Thanks. Work items are created

eadameg wrote:
SUGGESTIONS:

QUESTIONS:
1) In a multi-store environment can affiliates use  all URLs corresponding to all set stores?
2) If it is required to have different content elements (text strings, topics, message templates, news, etc.)  could it be handled (as a hack) as different languages? Example I want different texts/topics/message-templates in 3 different stores (all in spanish) I could define 3 different languages Spanish1, Spanish2 and Spanish3

1. Haven't got you. Please clarify the question
2. Yes
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

QUESTIONS:

1. Haven't got you. Please clarify the question

When you have a multi-store (3 stores; 1, 2 and 3) and  you create an affiliate he gets an URL like http://store1/?affiliateid=123; can he also use http://store2/?affiliateid=123 or http://store3/?affiliateid=123 to refer customers to store 2 and 3?
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
SUGGESTIONS:
Thanks. Work items are created

Thank you Andrei.
If anyone is interested in voting for the workitems here are the links.

SUGGESTIONS:
- In admin>sales>current cart/wish-list should include to which store do they belong. A search filter by date and store could be useful.
- Option to map product variants by store to consider that different store can have different pricing, shipping/handling conditions, warehouse/inventory
- Enhance shipping by weight plugin to include mapping by store
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
When you have a multi-store (3 stores; 1, 2 and 3) and  you create an affiliate he gets an URL like http://store1/?affiliateid=123; can he also use http://store2/?affiliateid=123 or http://store3/?affiliateid=123 to refer customers to store 2 and 3?

1. Yes
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.