nopCommerce 3.00 is coming. BETA testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Dan
Everything works fine. Have you reset the cache (click F5)? What browser are you using?

Thanks Andrei clearing the cache worked and I am using Firefox.
11 years ago
Having Problems with the categories in the multistore

issue 1
i have a set of categories 4 deep

town>service>store>productgroup
eg
manchester>flowers>hunnybunch>Roses

i have two stores
storeMain and store1

in the store acls for categorys i have
manchester and flowers and hunnybunch limited to storeadmin under url http://storeadmin.store.com
and Roses limited to store1 in the categories stores acl section under url http://store1.store.com

storeadmin displays all its allowed categories fine so you can see manchester>flowers>hunnybunch

store1 shows no categories even though it has permission to see ROSES

issue 2
another problem is there seems ot be serious caching.. if i take out a store from having permission on a category
and i re-open the browser the category is still listed (though a message does appear that the category is no longer available)
11 years ago
ref above

this means in effect that multistore categories wont work properly

to get roses to sit as one of the first level categories in the store1 the roses category will have to have no parent categories

say we have ten flower shops who all have a ROSES category, that will mean we will have 10 categories at the root of the category tree all called roses

which one do we add a product to.... while we can limit the view of which one is which to the vendors

as the overall store admin it will be a nightmare
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
to get roses to sit as one of the first level categories in the store1 the roses category will have to have no parent categories

Right. But I don't think it's the bug. In this case if you want a category to be displayed in the navigation block if it shouldn't have parent categories. You'll have to load ALL categories in the memory in order to "fix" it (filter), but it can cause performance issues.
P.S. The same can be told about ACL.

[email protected] wrote:
issue 2
another problem is there seems ot be serious caching.. if i take out a store from having permission on a category
and i re-open the browser the category is still listed (though a message does appear that the category is no longer available)

I cannot reproduce this issue. Everything works fine. Please provide the complete list of steps to reproduce it (with the default sample data)
11 years ago
for to solve issue 1 how do i load all categories into memory

thanks again

the site does look good at the minute
11 years ago
Is it possible single login for multi-store in nop2.30?

Means when user logged in one store in same browser then he will be automatically logged in another store.

if not current version functionality available then how we can achieve the same functionality?
11 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

Means when user logged in one store in same browser then he will be automatically logged in another store.

if not current version functionality available then how we can achieve the same functionality?

I presume you mean 3.00 (not 2.30). No, such functionality is not supported
11 years ago
Hi,
For vendors all of them use same payment method now . Payment methods can be select for vendors or vendor ll decide which payment method ll accept . I didnt see yet is it ?
11 years ago
I just uploaded 3.0 to my online server and it's just as slow as 2.8 was, takes about 10 seconds per link click is there anything I can do to improve this? FYI I am talking about a clean version of NopCommerce 3.0 Beta.

using: Winhost
database is mssql 2012 (empty database)

Thanks
11 years ago
Very good decision. If a customer is able to go from store to store without logging in again, it can cause confusion and worse... LOST SALES because they forget where they were, etc.  Good for you, a.m.!

a.m. wrote:

I presume you mean 3.00 (not 2.30). No, such functionality is not supported
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.