Both 2.8 and 3.0 running VERY slow (edit: server issue & fixed)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have read several threads on this issue but the fixes aren't helping with my case. I am running both version 2.8 and 3.0 on two separate WinHost accounts. On both instances it takes between 10 & 40 seconds to load the index and between 5 & 15 seconds for subsequent pages. I have almost no products in these databases.

this website is in beta and is on a temporary domain, I have to get it functioning before I move it to the customers primary domain name... I would like to mention that I installed a clean copy of nopcommerce and it ran exactly the same.

I am really at a loss right now if anybody could point me in the right direction with this issue I would be greatly appreciative.

edit: fixed by changing hosts
11 years ago
http://www.dalmanstreecare.com/Content/Images/Capture.PNG

I understand there's a decent amount of images as well but tt takes 15 seconds before the website even starts to download.
11 years ago
Don't judge it by its first time load.  Large ASP.NET apps take a while to initially load into memory.  How is the performance for the 2nd page you navigate to?    Check that the KeepAlive scheduled task is running (Admin > System > Scheduled Tasks) and consider using a 3rd party monitor like PingAlive.com to both monitor, and keep alive.
11 years ago
I understand that asp.net sites take a bit longer to load but even super large asp.net sites load in less than 5 seconds. My site is taking 19 seconds to load. I mean I can click through the nopCommerce store showcase and every site loads in 3 seconds.

To answer your question the performance is bad all around, secondary pages load in 5 + seconds to load each regardless of how little content is on them. Most customers will not tolerate 5 to 10 second page loads.
11 years ago
danbeaulieu wrote:
I understand that asp.net sites take a bit longer to loa........econds to load each regardless of how little content is on them. Most customers will not tolerate 5 to 10 second page loads.

the loading time also depends on your server hardware. nopCommerce is not a large site(not even a medium one), and most of the case it is hosted in shared hosting or VPS, which may have not very good hardware support.

if your site is in shared hosting, other web application activities may affect your site as well, example iis restart, database service restart or resources not available.
11 years ago
Are you on shared hosting or VPS/Dedicated hosting?
11 years ago
I am on winhost basic, both of my stores are on their own account. I made another thread and there were several replies that lead me to believe that even winhost max is insufficient to run nopCommerce.
11 years ago
Yes, you need to get a good host.
11 years ago
Host suggestions?
11 years ago
danbeaulieu wrote:
Host suggestions?

http://www.databasemart.com/
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.