Whose your host? My current one is horrible, I need to change

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Just curious who your hosting provider is and how you like them.  I'm currently on Arvixe and find the service to be quite horrible.  My site is down about once a week, and getting through to support can take a while.

Thanks!
11 years ago
tehremo wrote:
Just curious who your hosting provider is and how you like them.  I'm currently on Arvixe and find the service to be quite horrible.  My site is down about once a week, and getting through to support can take a while.

Thanks!

I have deployed a many sites to WinHost, and I would say so far so good! Try either the Max or Ultimate plan depending on your needs. You really can try them since they provide 30 days money back guarantee. :D
11 years ago
tehremo - I'm sorry you've been having issues with Arvixe. What hosting plan are you currently using? If you have any further problems, contact me directly at [email protected], and I'll see to it that your situation is escalated promptly.
11 years ago
tehremo wrote:

Thanks!

What hosting plan are you using? I have been using Arvixe for quite a while now and was using their Personal Class ASP Pro plan. As of today they are changing my account to a Business Pro plan. They are currently in the process, but have moved one site already and it is a TON faster than it was on the Personal Class. I plan on testing out all of my sites once they have finished, but so far I like what I'm seeing.
11 years ago
I have used discountasp.net and there support and packages are very good.

http://www.discountasp.net

Don't be fooled by their website design, it almost put me off but have been very pleased with them so far.

Although WinHosts offering looks very tempting, will maybe try it out some day.
11 years ago
WinHosts does look tempting. Please update us on how it turns out with nopCommerce. If Arvixe Business Pro doesn't work out I will take a look at them.
11 years ago
Thanks for all the replies, I'm definitely going to move.  Looking at WinHost, so I'll update once I move it over.

With Arvixe I'm on the Personal Class plan, and frankly when its up and running it works great.  But I can count on them being down about once a week.  I had one week where the server my site was on was down for over 24 hours.  There were a lot of angry customers in their forums that day.  I'm trying to run a business there, and can't have a weekly outage even if its less than an hour each time, that's too much.

Is anyone using AWS or Azure?  Ideally I would like to move there, but I need to talk with sales I suppose to get a clear pricing picture.
11 years ago
You may want to also checkout SmarterASP.NET.   See the review I did on them here.  Their personal plan is priced well, and it performs well.
11 years ago
tehremo wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, I'm definitely going to move.  Looking at WinHost, so I'll update once I move it over.

With Arvixe I'm on the Personal Class plan, and frankly when its up and running it works great.  But I can count on them being down about once a week.  I had one week where the server my site was on was down for over 24 hours.  There were a lot of angry customers in their forums that day.  I'm trying to run a business there, and can't have a weekly outage even if its less than an hour each time, that's too much.

Is anyone using AWS or Azure?  Ideally I would like to move there, but I need to talk with sales I suppose to get a clear pricing picture.

AWS is basically never down apart from the few seconds it takes to reboot your server.
11 years ago
I'm definitely switching this weekend.  My site is throwing 500 errors now, just 24 hours after being down already once this week.

This is horrible, Arvixe came highly recommended but I've nothing but problems.

As soon as I switch I'll post who I went with, will be calling Amazon tomorrow for pricing.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.