Nop 3.10 release date

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
You don't really have to update them every time a release comes out.  You can have your own schedule and use every other release or whatever fits.  The only people I can see being truly affected are plugin/theme developers.

Yes. You are right but
1. We don't want to miss out on improvements
2. When the clients see news announcement or hear that a new version is out with new features then they want it.

But again its just a personel experience or opinion.
10 years ago
amir.taj wrote:
You don't really have to update them every time a release comes out.  You can have your own schedule and use every other release or whatever fits.  The only people I can see being truly affected are plugin/theme developers.

Yes. You are right but
1. We don't want to miss out on improvements
2. When the clients see news announcement or hear that a new version is out with new features then they want it.

But again its just a personel experience or opinion.

I do respect Andy`s opinion too, but we have nearly 40 Nop sites running, all with some view or functionality customization and it is very costly to keep all of them undated to the last version.
10 years ago
Just getting familiar with this environment.  (Great product fyi!!!).  If the main issue is around plugins/themes support with the core code moving to fast, how about limiting to 1 or 2 major releases per year.  Offset this change with quarterly service packs? These service packs basically would be fixes that would not affect the "majority" of plugins and themes for the current release.
I notice you use Telerik dll's in your core code. There model is similar. They came out with a service pack for their Q2 release a few days ago with little to no breaking changes.  Now their model is generally 3 major releases per year and 1 or 2 service packs per major release... and I am suggesting 2...but the concept of service packs works for them and it might be something to look at for a model.
With 2 releases per year, you would have the adequate time to do major architectural changes with proper testing time. For example, dumping Telerik MVC extensions in favor of more popular Telerik Kendo MVC for your platform.
Again, these thoughts above are just my opinion and I think this product overall is fantastic.
10 years ago
Guys, thanks for your feedback. I also think that 3-4 releases per year is a good approach for projects such as nopCommerce. This release (3.10) has a really great improvement (new product logic). Most probably it's the last really significant change in nopCommerce core/architecture. IMHO store owners should not wait 1-2 months more to get it officially supported. That's why it's released in only two months after version 3.00.

3.10 will be released in several days. Please get the latest version from CodePlex repository and give it a try. All BETA testers are welcome!
10 years ago
And here we go - nopCommerce 3.10 released
10 years ago
Great news! Congratulations!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.