Nop 3.10 release date

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Andrei, there's nothing wrong with a release every 3 months broadly speaking.
But plugin developers need stability: less time means more costs and less income, so are not so encouraged to develop complex solutions. Since they release, they need to upgrade to next release.
Furthermore, for shop administrators and webmasters, release upgrade is a nightmare. Since all plugins have been released and tested, CSS and views have been adjusted, next release is in beta. This means jump 2 - 3 releases, otherwise costs and time spending are exessive.
Now that Nop became really stable and rich of features, time between releases should increase and releases have to introduce really significant and complete modules. Two important releas a year now is perfect.
10 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
But plugin developers need stability: less time means more costs and less income, so are not so encouraged to develop complex solutions. Since they release, they need to upgrade to next release.
Furthermore, for shop administrators and webmasters, release upgrade is a nightmare. Since all plugins have been released and tested, CSS and views have been adjusted, next release is in beta. This means jump 2 - 3 releases, otherwise costs and time spending are exessive.
Now that Nop became really stable and rich of features, time between releases should increase and releases have to introduce really significant and complete modules. Two important releas a year now is perfect.

Agree 100% with you. Maybe 3 releases per year is still acceptable.
It would be interesting to hear the opinion of other community members
10 years ago
nopCommerce development is progressing at an incredible pace.

I have to admit I have several plugins / projects on the go that are constantly put into check by the development of the nopCommerce team.

I'm going to google 'ecommerce therapy' and see what it returns :-)
10 years ago
infinito62 wrote:

100% agree!
Moving too fast is not good for developers as well as end user who may like to keep updated.
I prefer not to "fix" the release date.
And from the road map I think nop team is still focus on implementing functionalities only, I like to see them spend some effort to build up a environment for developers and end users:
1. Focusing on architect instead of concret functions.
2. Encourage people use nopcommerce e.g work with other companies, do some marketing,
3. Build a really "market place" for both end user and developers
4. Nop team needs a product manager
10 years ago
We're happy with the current release schedule.
10 years ago
I'm happy with three release a year. But releases faster than this will make it difficult for plugin developers to concentrate on fruitful development and also increases costs.
10 years ago
Personally, I think even 3 releases a year a bit too much. We have got around 10 NOP stores running and each of them is different based on client's requirements. So upgrading all of them every 3 - 4 months is a nightmare.
10 years ago
Time count down for the release date :)
10 years ago
amir.taj wrote:
Personally, I think even 3 releases a year a bit too much. We have got around 10 NOP stores running and each of them is different based on client's requirements. So upgrading all of them every 3 - 4 months is a nightmare.

You don't really have to update them every time a release comes out.  You can have your own schedule and use every other release or whatever fits.  The only people I can see being truly affected are plugin/theme developers.
10 years ago
Have been trying version 3.10 - two huge improvements are the product administration and the review stars on the products.
Excellent.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.