SmartStore.NET

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
devgineer wrote:
It seems that Content.CopyrightNotice pulls the store name so I'm guessing that they do not have the required copyright notice.

Agree with others though, nicer GUI on both the store and admin section.

Would like to get a comment from the developers of nopCommerce licensing of SmartStore.net

Thanks for the reply!   I appreciate you checking.  I guess we will have to wait for an answer from Andrei, but I am guessing that if we add a "powered by Nopcommerce" link it would be fine to use.  I am not sure I understand the licensing for a system derived from Nopcommerce.

I am hoping that Nopcommerce can work with SmartStore.net to integrate the product image capabilities, tabs, and the new add to cart feature from SmartStore.net into the main Nopcommerce version.  Their demo store has an amazon feel to it!
10 years ago
SmartStore.net has a good presentation layer but it violates nopCommerce license without the "powered by nopCommerce" text. It's clearly stated that:

"However, in addition to the other notice obligations, (1) all copies of the Program in Executable and Source Code form must, as a form of attribution of the original author, include on each user interface screen (i) the "powered by nopCommerce" text; and (2) all derivative works and copies of derivative works of the Covered Code in Executable and Source Code form must include on each user interface screen (i) the "powered by nopCommerce" text."

I know about several other commercial shopping carts derivative from nopcommerce. All of them have "powered by some_new_brand and nopcommerce". Smartstore could do it the same way ("powered by smartstore and nopcommerce") if they don't to violate our license terms. This is the only acceptable way.

Actually shopping carts which have only commercial version (no free edition available) should not include "powered by nopCommerce" because they purchase the copyright removal key right after a customer signs-up for their services (provide a store URL). But smartstore could be downloaded before providing a store URL (available for free on codeplex), so smartstore should have the "powered by nopCommerce"

I already wrote about it to these guys yesterday. Currently waiting for a reply.

P.S. These guys knew about our license in advance and ignored it anyway according to this forum topic by Murat (he works in this company) - https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/17417/gplv2-license-question-with-derived-work.aspx
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
SmartStore.net has a good presentation layer and it violates nopCommerce license without the "powered by nopCommerce" text.

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for clarifying this for us.  So we just need to add a "powered by nopcommerce" or buy an license to use it.

I would recommend asking them if they wanted to contribute some of their work into the main nopcommerce version.  If they need a powered by nopcommerce it might be better just to merge into nopcommerce instead of having a separate opensource project.  

There are some bugs in their responsive layout that need to be fixed, for example when you decrease the browser far enough.  However, I am thinking their product image improvement, tabs and some other UI features would be an improvement to nopcommerce.

What do you all think?  It is opensource, so some of the benefits could be merged right?
10 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
So we just need to add a "powered by nopcommerce" or buy an license to use it.

Right. But it should not be done by you (a user of SmartStore). It should be done by SmartStore developers and be available out of the box. I mean adding back the "powered by nopCommerce" text.

Tim2376 wrote:
However, I am thinking their product image improvement, tabs and some other UI features would be an improvement to nopcommerce.

What do you all think?  It is opensource, so some of the benefits could be merged right?

Right. We could just copy the appropriate code from smartstore (if required) because it's an open-source software. But personally for me it's always easier and more secure to implement such simple programming tasks from scratch. It's just not planned to add tabs to the product details page in nopCommere, etc.

P.S. It's just a new theme. Of course, very good theme, but currently nothing more. Anybody can create a similar a theme (even without touching the core source code) for nopCommerce and sell it. Of course, you can create a new open-source project derivative from nopCommerce. It's not prohibited. Just meet the license terms. Currently SmartStore doesn't do it (still waiting for a reply from them).
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I've just sent you an email.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Right. But it should not be done by you (a user of SmartStore). It should be done by SmartStore developers and be available out of the box. I mean adding back the "powered by nopCommerce" text.

Hi Andrei, If I have already downloaded a copy of their theme to my computer can I use it if I put in the powered by nopcommerce or buy a license?

I know that they need to add it to their source code, to comply.  However, for those of us who already have a copy downloaded on our computer, will we need to re-download it when they put in a link or can we add it by ourselves for now?  

Thanks!
10 years ago
Does anyone has the credentials to access the administration demo?
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

It is the same like frontend (demo/1234).

Thanks,
El-Sayed
10 years ago
eadameg wrote:

I was not sure what everyone was talking about when I first read this thread... the domain name SmartStore.NET is up for sale. :-)

So here are all the links...

Codeplex url for smartstore:  https://smartstore.codeplex.com/

Demo of front end: http://www.smartstore-net.com/demo/frontend/en/

Demo of Admin: http://www.smartstore-net.com/demo/backend/admin

User name: demo
Password: 1234

The user name and password are for the front and admin.
10 years ago
Hi,

I like design and also some extra features added there .Example: added for theme setting to use css , delivery time etc ..

But they changed all nop core name to self such as @using SmartStore.Core.Domain.  . And not gives open source them which

files changed without theme .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.