Old version of my code returns after some hours

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I have a very weird problem. One week ago I upgraded from nop 2.20 to 3.00. I uploaded all the files from the /deployment directory to the live environment and everything worked fine.

In the meanwhile I made some changes to my solution locally, and uploaded the /bin folder in the /deployment folder again. After uploading the files, everything works fine for some hours. But then, all of a sudden, the old (original) version of my code returns. The changes I made are gone. I can 'fix' this by uploading the /bin folder again. Sometimes an application restart does the trick as well.

It has nothing to do with the physical dll's on the server, because they still still contain my changes (I checked with ILSpy). It looks like there is some server side application cache or someting (Does it even exist?) Does someone know what is going on here?

Thanks in advance,
10 years ago
Here the same problem, but I'm on shared hosting so i'm not able to IIS reset:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2728089/deployed-asp-net-application-reverts-to-old-code-base
10 years ago
DennisNL wrote:
Here the same problem, but I'm on shared hosting so i'm not able to IIS reset:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2728089/deployed-asp-net-application-reverts-to-old-code-base

Most shared windows hosting control panel offers feature to reset application. Ask your hosting company for the same.
10 years ago
One of your plugins most likely contains extra DLLs for your Core/Data/Services.  When the app pool times out and the app is restarted, those old versions load after the ones in your bin.
10 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:
One of your plugins most likely contains extra DLLs for your Core/Data/Services.  When the app pool times out and the app is restarted, those old versions load after the ones in your bin.

That was it! Nop DLL's were in one of my plugin directory's. Thanks!
9 years ago
Hi Dennis,

What exactly have you done to get it solved please?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
9 years ago
There will be Nop core dlls (such as Nop.Core.dll etc) in one of the plugin directories. You need to delete these
8 years ago
You guys saved my life!
6 years ago
Older plugin dlls was being picked up! I deleted the plugin dll then the site crashed as expected. Uploaded the plugin dlls and older version was back again!
Then finally it was solved after I uploaded the Dll's of the root bin folder!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.