nopCommerce 3.20 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei

I would like to see 2 basic functions missing from Nop 3.1 to be added in the Nop3.2 release

Best sellers and Specials

Currently you can only view new products www.mystore.com/newproducts, so hopefully there can be a www.mystore.com/bestsellers and www.mystore.com/specials to reflect best sellers and specials (Any product with a Now price lower than the WAS price)

Currently you can only do this by manually assigning a TAG or Specials or BestSeller category to the product, but still this is a manual process.

thanks
10 years ago
Hi Andrei

Support attribute for customer such as for orders ?

Regards
Krzysztof
10 years ago
Krzysztof Pajak wrote:
Support attribute for customer such as for orders ?

Please clarify. Do you mean custom customer attributes/registration?
10 years ago
Exactly :)
10 years ago
Could we add a Quick Inline content editing on FrontEnd, so admin/staff can modify product price, content (title, short description...) just like Orchardproject or joomla.

Sometimes, there's situation that we just simply want to directly make a small change on the content right on the front end for comfort..
10 years ago
I would love better Import/Export of products with variants.
Also make sure that all fields in the excel file can import. Currently in 3.10 I tried to update the MFG part number and it did not import and update.

Also copy product to be able to copy specification attributes custom or not.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,
what do you think about VAT implementation for products?
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
It's great to see that you guys are active and keep improving the product!

I'd like to see native support for true one page checkout (without the accordion menu), and also better customization options for the checkout process. Is this something you have in your roadmap up ahead? I couldn't find any improvement tasks in the list for 3.2

I think it's really important to improve the way the customers input address when checking out. You give the customer the impression that they will have to input their shipping address, instead of being really clear that they only have to input theaddress if it is different from the billing address. This is affecting conversion rates ALOT.

The checkout process should be the most worked at area of any good ecommerce platform, which is why I'm wondering how you're planning on improving it. It's far from being one of the best out there. You guys are really talented, but I think you should be thinking about conversion more.

That's the key to being one of the best platforms, instead of just being one in a bunch.

I also agree that we need improvement in the checkout process.  I believe that the payment method should be the first question asked.  I started looking at Authorize.Net CIM and Google Wallet and they return billing and shipping address.  Using PayPal will also return the shipping address.  By getting the payment information first, this information can be automatically populated.

For registered customers, we should already know their billing and/or shipping address, so this should be automatically set and all they should need to do is enter their payment (even if payment is not first).  If they need to change it, they should be able to just select that item.

The number of steps should be reduced and the one page checkout should show everything at the same time.  I also believe that the Payment Method and Payment Info steps could be combined.  After selecting a method, the payment info could be dynamically loaded.

The goal should be to create the fastest path from the checkout page to the receipt.
10 years ago
pbsdjames, I agree on every point for the single page checkout. The page should also not be an accordion but it should be one view with multiple sections (e.g. Address, Shipping Method, Payment Info) without any page refreshes.

UPDATE:
Here is the work item. You can log in and add any input:
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10615
10 years ago
I received a requirement from a customer today to capture additional information when we receive a new registration.  I see that there is no way to define custom fields for the registration form.  Since the GenericAttribute table is being used to store address information and other details about the customer, I thought it would be a great feature to either have:

1) the ability to define custom fields to be included in the registration form, or
2) a second form appear after the registration form that could be optionally displayed which:
    a) will display a custom definable form, or
    b) will allow for a widget

My preference is to allow for defining and displaying custom fields within the registration form.  The thought of have a second page after the initial registration comes form providing an online survey.  This could be a more detailed form than simply asking a couple additional questions in the main registration.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.