nopCommerce 3.20 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I think further optimization should be the utmost priority. I just installed the 3.1 version and I noticed the pages loaded faster compared the prior version, so great job on that! But in comparison to other older shopping carts running on the same, not so beefy server, it's still the slowest. Even going back to the previously accessed page, it takes a few seconds for the page to load completely.

Nevertheless, the newly added features are awesome and  thank you for your hard work.

I think if you guys can solve the slowness, this Shopping Cart would be a winner!
10 years ago
Proposal for new feature:
Permissions for Topics in Access Control List (the same functionality as in products/categories/manufacturer).
When customer will click link and doesn't have permission, message "you don't have permission" will be shown.
10 years ago
will http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11368 (vendor navigation etc) make it to v3.20?
10 years ago
rudgr wrote:
will http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11368 (vendor navigation etc) make it to v3.20?

No, it's not on the roadmap
10 years ago
Hi,
in the Admişn menu > Manage product add sort grid colums. This can be usueful for us.
10 years ago
You might need to look at other shopping carts out there too. Here is an example of similar .net shopping but the site performance is really good. It might be due to some complex features that nopcommerce is offering that makes it slow, but to be honest do we all need those complex features or can they be stripped out as plugins http://www.kartris.com/t-Features.aspx

Nopcommerce might not be the best shopping cart yet but it is not far though. The only major problem we all community members share and complain is the speed. So if anything could be done to make it faster that will bring nopcommerce right next to big competitors.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi all,

I have been asking for some times about the product attribute to have image control type. Color square is not enough for situations like Fashion sites where clothes can be selected by material samples, not just plain color.

examples:
http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16575606&&cp=3146842.19563806.19563856

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/outfit.do?cid=97752&oid=OUT-919636022

I think colorsquare should be extended to have this feature.

Cheers all,
Nam Vo
Actually you already can assign product pictures to any product attribute value (since version 3.10). The only difference with your example is that in nopCommerce you have to choose/click a value in order to change a main picture.

Hi Andrei and thanks for the amazing product. Not only is it helping my ecommerce sites, it's also giving me a huge desire to learn more about MVC, EF, etc. Too much to learn, too little time.

I think what Nam is talking about above is that, instead of a solid color for the color picker, that we can associate an image with the 'color'. For example, on the oldnavy.gap.com page, the picture for the denim is not a solid color but rather an image of the denim which is a small image.  This gives the product more apparent depth.

Sure, when the user clicks on the attribute it can change the big image (that is cool btw) but actually being able to specify the 'color' to use as an image and not just a solid color/RGB combo would really help those of us selling clothes, jewelry, furniture, etc.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
10 years ago
SUGGESTION: Send the vendor a welcome message when his account has been created (as in here and not when the vendors administrator account is created which already has the general Customer.WelcomeMessage)
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

A few issues and suggestions; I am using the web ready version.

1. Since NopCommerce 1.0, the site logo has to be reset and uploaded manually after each update!
    I suggest you make it configurable via the control panel, under Store management.

2. The email address is not passed to authorize.net and thus not cannot be used when issuing refund or doing a search.

3. The border of textboxes are hard to see for some users. They are too gray; need to be darker.

4. Order information textboxes should made a bit wider especially company name and street addresses.

5. Give me an option to disable customer registration (i.e. hide login option and register option). Again, I am using the web ready version and do not use the source code version.

Thanks!
10 years ago
I would like to see more functionality added to the affiliates.  My customer would like their affiliates to have access to the store and presently, they would need to create a customer and an affiliate record, but there is no way to link to the two.

At a minimum, could you add a CustomerId field to the affiliates table within the next release and an option in the affiliate creation screen to also add a customer record?  A way to search the listing would also be helpful as we have over 500 affiliates and finding a single record is rather tedious.

It also seems redundant to have a separate affiliate table from customers as they share the same fields.  If there were a flag within the customer table that indicated it is was an affiliate, that should be enough.  Those customers could then be displayed within the affiliate listing.  This method would provide a better up-line/down-line tracking of sales.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.