New site launched, custom skin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I just wanted to let everyone know that I just launched my first site with nopCommerce. It's a feminine products site (currently only has some makeup) called Femessentials. The address is http://www.femessentialsonline.com/. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. nopCommerce is truly a great solution and I really enjoy working with it. Thanks!
14 years ago
Just realized that the site was messed up in FireFox 3 OS X. I wanted to mention a great tool I use for testing the design across platforms and browsers. It's called Browser Lab by Adobe and it's free once you sign up for an Adobe account. http://browserlab.adboe.com
14 years ago
Hi,
I am checking out possible use of nopcommerce for my ebusiness.
I was concerned about my site not looking custom. You showed me
by your site you can still have a very good corporate id and still use the nop.
thanks.
not sure how it works, did you have to do alot of custom work to incorporate the cart or does it integrate easily?
IB
14 years ago
It does incorporate very easily. If you want to do some light skinning you can simply modify the template and skin files. If you want to go a bit deeper you can simply modify the associated modules for whatever page you are working with. It is very straight forward.
14 years ago
Hi,
How do you set the email so that user can send emails to the store administrator from the Contact Us area? I host with webhost4life.com. I did everything I could. I even tried to send an email from the "send test email" button in the Mail Settings of the Global Settings. The message came back: Email has been successfully sent. But the admin never receives the emails. All of the emails are in the Queue still.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.
14 years ago
hi, i like how you have your navigation on top of the page (Register, Login, Shopping Cart, Wish List) ... Did you do that by modifying the .css files, or is there codes involved? If so, could you please share how? I could work w/ css ok, but not very good with the actual .net codes yet :-)
thanks

the site looks really nice
14 years ago
Very nice looking site, congrats!
14 years ago
I actually modified the code a bit but I believe you could use just css to get the same result. I would recommend using the web developer toolbar for firefox. From there you can use the 'View Style Information' tool to hover the various parts of the links to get the class names. From there just search the css files for those class names and modify as needed.
14 years ago
Just updated the layout and design a bit. I have started to integrate an .net wrapper for EXT JS. If you haven't heard of it you can check it out a www.coolite.com. VERY cool stuff. Be sure to check out their examples sections at the top of the page.
14 years ago
wow ... i like the new look ... i like the topnav. on top of the page you had last week, this one look even much better ...
on your product detail page (http://www.femessentialsonline.com/Products/6-mineral-veil.aspx), you've your price/option/rating on the right of the big image.  Could you show me how you coded that (which files i need to modify) ... not as fancy as yours, i just want them to be placed on the right of the big image. i'm working on mine locally, and there're some items that has really long description.  I hate it to scroll all the way down just to see the price/option, or to Add to Cart.

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.