Guest showing no IP address

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Was did issue resolved?  We are running NopCommerce 4.0 and I'm seeing the same issue 100s of records created with null email address and no IP address.
3 years ago
Still same issue 4.30 - this is clear bug and these are not cleaned properly always and end of day it kill instance...
3 years ago
Does anyone find a solution?
Our Website is also suddenly creating lots of guest user. With last few days it's created almost 300K users. Due to this our website CPU usage is nearly 100% and the Website become so slow.

After that, I have disabled guest code to create a guest user from WebWorkContext.cs.

if (customer == null || customer.Deleted || !customer.Active || customer.RequireReLogin)
                {
                    //create guest if not exists
                  //  customer = _customerService.InsertGuestCustomer();
                }

Then the Website becomes quite stable now. I am not sure what will impact to disable this code.  

I have tested the Website after this change.  I can still add products in the cart without register user, I closed the browser and open again and still access save cart after opening my Website. Regular register user also place an order with any issue.
Can you any help me what will be impact to disable the guest user from WebWorkContext class?
I know that's not an ideal solution, but CPU usage is now less than 20% after this change.
Note: We have already disabled guest user as an external user to place order very long time back.
3 years ago
Which of these conditions caused it to insert the new customer?
if (customer == null || customer.Deleted || !customer.Active || customer.RequireReLogin)

One potential problem I see is that in the code that follows, the customer is not checked for null (and thus an exception could happen)
if (!customer.Deleted && customer.Active && !customer.RequireReLogin)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.