New Customer Failed to Login

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
OK I just tried feature on my one of my test sites and I get same error/behavior.  So at least you know it's not some permission configuration on your stuff only.  I will take a look at it and see what's up.
10 years ago
Well, the whole process is working for me. I had the first shot where it did not work, but now works every time.

But can you register new accounts with the email validation feature disabled?
10 years ago
I set off the email validation, still failed. ONLY ONE admin can login. All other admins and customers could not.

I also restored an old SQL backup, it is still same. Seems not the database issue.

This scares me now. I remember, one month ago, my friend gave his Nopcommerce store to a Vietnam Nopcommerce developer guy, then that guy hold his account. My friend cannot login as admin at all. Even I worked directly from SQL customer record to update password and its format to 0, we still got some error code and failed to login as admin, very similar like the case, which I met now. It seems that NopCommerce system has a special security settings, which may block owner out completely.

How you set your system back to work? Can you teach me?

Thanks
10 years ago
I also tried by a yahoo email box, same result. After I did registration, everything went through. But when I tried to login, it failed with following message.

Login was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.

No customer account found
10 years ago
I ran IIS 7 and setup another site with a new fresh compiled source code, and connected it to the same database (old restored one). The new site gave me same error.
Login was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.

No customer account found

It seems that the problem is not from the compiled files (Nop.Web). It scares me now.
10 years ago
Hi Jeff

I found the problem. First of all, I very very appreciate your help. I am very sorry to misleading you. It is my fault.

For first administration, I have email address for user name and email address, all others have their usernames different than their email addresses, I kept using email address to login. I should us User Name.

Now everything work.

Thanks Jeff!

James
10 years ago
No worries, glad you got it working!  Sometimes when you work alone you can stare at something for hours and not see the obvious!  This forum is a nice second pair of eyes.

jeff
5 years ago
Thank you James, I was baffled at the beginning, your reply helped and saved time
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.