nopCommerce 3.40 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Andrei,

I would be good if you can adjust to his home country. Now, the date and time of the server will be shown.
The server is home country, but not always.

Frank
Hi Frank. Please clarify.

Hi Andrei,

I have hosted my website in the United States. But live in Germany.
All times in nopCommerce are now United States time.

Now must I always expect webserver (US time) + 6 hours = Germany time

I hope that you understand.

Frank
9 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
Hi Andrei,

I have hosted my website in the United States. But live in Germany.
All times in nopCommerce are now United States time.

Now must I always expect webserver (US time) + 6 hours = Germany time

I hope that you understand.

Frank

please see https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10427
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi folks,
By the way, what do think about moving from Mercurial to Git (still hosted on codeplex)?

Yeah, I think its good to move to Git.

Its not problem whether hosted on Github or Codeplex.

Mercurial was heavy for me (I'm in Indonesia). To clone or update / sync, I have experienced several errors (due to internet connection or anything)

But when using Git, it seems lighter (I try to clone, update / sync Orchard CMS, and it can be completed without any problems).
9 years ago
MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT: We've already started the process for moving from Mercurial to Git. It'll be still hosted on Codeplex. It'll be finished in the next several days
9 years ago
SUGGESTION:  

First, if this is already possible, please point me in the direction of how to accomplish it.  If not, then I would like it to be a suggestion.

I am running multiple sites and am listing several of the same items on each site.  I have sites targeted to different markets and locals.  I would like to be able to use the same items in the admin section on each site but have different descriptions, prices, details... show up.

Right now I have to create a new item that is the exact same thing as one already in the system.  The only problem is with inventory control.  I have to monitor each version of the products inventory so that I do not sell something on one site that is out of stock from the other site.  Could you add a feature that would allow us to have multiple items pull from the same inventory?

That way I can have different product details for each site but not have to monitor and adjust or regulate the inventory.

Thanks. Thomas
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT: We've already started the process for moving from Mercurial to Git. It'll be still hosted on Codeplex. It'll be finished in the next several days

This is good news Andrei. The Git integration with Visual Studio is great!
9 years ago
While it might be nice to have per-store overrides, mostly on product name/description, currently you could do it using a different language file for each store. That way you would still have the same inventory and product images (ie, share most product info), but you could have different descriptions for each store/site (by only linking each custom language "translation" to one store).

Things to consider (other might have more knowledge to overcome/clear):

* One issue might be that the price remains tied to the main product (not sure if you could use a promotion, tier pricing, or some other feature to make it store specific). From what I've seen about 3.40 roadmap, the per-currency price override in 3.40 ("Ability to assign catalog price per currency") would be a way to deal with this (ie, if several of your stores have the same real currency, add fictitious currencies to override the real currency base price on a product by product basis, or each of your locals might already require using different currencies).

* You might need to do some configuration each time there is an nopCommerce update, to keep your language files up to date.

UserThomas wrote:
SUGGESTION:  

First, if this is already possible, please point me in the direction of how to accomplish it.  If not, then I would like it to be a suggestion.

I am running multiple sites and am listing several of the same items on each site.  I have sites targeted to different markets and locals.  I would like to be able to use the same items in the admin section on each site but have different descriptions, prices, details... show up.

Right now I have to create a new item that is the exact same thing as one already in the system.  The only problem is with inventory control.  I have to monitor each version of the products inventory so that I do not sell something on one site that is out of stock from the other site.  Could you add a feature that would allow us to have multiple items pull from the same inventory?

That way I can have different product details for each site but not have to monitor and adjust or regulate the inventory.

Thanks. Thomas
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Point 1:
We have many categories.  I think that this would be interesting for others.
Can sorting and pagination on the page add "CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml"? As with the products.

Point 2:
also it would help create additional data fields can be added product.

Can you fit the following version 3.40?

Frank
9 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Point 1:
We have many categories.  I think that this would be interesting for others.
Can sorting and pagination on the page add "CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml"? As with the products.

Point 2:
also it would help create additional data fields can be added product.

Can you fit the following version 3.40?

Frank

Point 1. Haven't got what exactly you mean. Please clarify. Sorting and paging of products is already supported

Point 2. You'll have to customize the solution for this needs
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.40 or really significant features.

IMPORTANT: Up... one more time
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.