Performance optimization needed - NOPCOMMERCE IS TOO SLOW !

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
thank you for your quick responce.
As database backup file is around 2gb and can not share in public.
I hope you understand.
but can share with you in personal message.
thank you
9 years ago
govi2010 wrote:
thank you for your quick responce.
As database backup file is around 2gb and can not share in public.
I hope you understand.
but can share with you in personal message.
thank you

Please PM me the link to download it
9 years ago
govi2010 wrote:
Finally Updated to Nopcommerce 3.3 as i was facing performance issue with 3.2 version.

But result are worst. In my case i was getting better performance from 3.2 version.

Let me know you that.
I have 2100 product categories and 2,50,000 Products.

My page is taking 1-2 mins to load.

Hi,
Would it be possible for you to profile SQL server and count the number of queries executed to load one page?
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,
I read this post :https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12050

Don't you think it could be a good direction?

Regards,
Nicolas
9 years ago
nicolas.muniere wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Regards,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

This work item is still active. But I don't think it can really effect performance.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Regards,
Nicolas
Hi Nicolas,

This work item is still active. But I don't think it can really effect performance.

ok, but I must admit that I never understood why we had this amazing constraint that our entities have an Int32 for all ids!
For example it could be necessary to have in64 on GenericAttribute, and int16 could be enought for many ids like ProductTemplate

Is BaseEntity really usefull? I'm using EF everyday on other projects ans I never needed something like that.

Regards,
Nicolas
9 years ago
nicolas.muniere wrote:

Yes. BaseEntity and "Id" used in many "generic" places.

If you don't want Int32 for some entity, then you can add some new property to it (e.g. "public Int64 MyNewId") and use it as the new primary key. Then simply ignore the default "Int32 Id" property of BaseEntity.

Furthermore, all these changes like moving from Int32 to Int16 or Int64 cannot really effect performance (maybe, 0.001%). The same can be told about database size.
9 years ago
Another thing to keep an eye on in the medium to long term is Entity Framework 7, which is going to have a lot of resource optimizations (as part of the Entity Framework Everywhere initiative).

Source code is now on GitHub, so should provide some visibility on which improvements are actually taking place.
9 years ago
nicolas.muniere wrote:
Finally Updated to Nopcommerce 3.3 as i was facing performance issue with 3.2 version.

But result are worst. In my case i was getting better performance from 3.2 version.

Let me know you that.
I have 2100 product categories and 2,50,000 Products.

My page is taking 1-2 mins to load.

Hi,
Would it be possible for you to profile SQL server and count the number of queries executed to load one page?

Try Glimpse with the Entity Framework plugin (can be installed via NuGet)
9 years ago
I am facing issue with Product Add page and Product Edit Page with nopcommerce 3.2 .I debug the code and found issue with following code.
File:SpecificationAttributeService

public virtual IList<SpecificationAttributeOption> GetSpecificationAttributeOptionsBySpecificationAttribute(int specificationAttributeId)
        {
            var query = from sao in _specificationAttributeOptionRepository.Table
                        orderby sao.DisplayOrder
                        where sao.SpecificationAttributeId == specificationAttributeId
                        select sao;
            var specificationAttributeOptions = query.ToList();/// he My Server is taking time.
            return specificationAttributeOptions;
        }

I have 200000 + specificationAttributeOption
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.