Plugin event on product price change

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
We have more than thousand products listed in our website and there are multiple person managing product information including prices on daily bases.

Recently there were some errors in updating price and a product was sold at very low price (it was loss for us). We caught this error but till that time few were sold.

It is practically impossible for us to manually track such price change, so we decided to create plugin which would track the price changes and alert the admin or keep log of the same.
But I am unable to find a way in plugins to track price changes i.e. get old & New price on product change.

So is there any way to get this in plugin?
9 years ago
Consume the EntityUpdated<Product> event.  You would have to track price changes on your own, though.  The Event won't give you the old values.
9 years ago
There seems to be no direct way, so we have decided to store all the prices in new table while installing plugin.
So now using EntityUpdated<Product> event we will check if the product price has changed.

Please let me know if anyone has second thought on this.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.