My site not working properly on Hosting Server ( Need help Urgently )

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi, i tried searching the store and got an error message,

I also tried adding an item to the cart and got an application error page ( you should set custom errors  On  in your web config so that your customers don't get this )

have you made any changes to your store recently that might have caused you problems ?  eg have you recently upgraded your version but not upgraded the database properly ? altered some part of the code ?
13 years ago
Haydie,

I upgraded from 1.60 to  1.80 about 2 months ago but it has all been working fine on locally. I haven't really modified any code throughout the development just basic stuff (as i'm not a developer) which again has been working fine. All of these problems have appeared since i uploaded it online for the first time.

Do you have any suggestions what the best way forward would be?

Cheers
Mark
13 years ago
Haydie,
I'm going to try scripting out the database from my local machine and running it against a clean database. Just incase the database hasn't generated properly. I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers
Mark
13 years ago
Hello Mark,

If you need any help or get stuck anywhere let me know - If you want I can take a look at your project/website code and try to fix it.

By using team-viewer I can jump on your computer and try to fix your issues in front of you.
13 years ago
abcd_12345,

Thanks for your offer, i'll double check the database is all correct and i'll let you know if i'm struggling.

Great Support

Thanks
Mark
13 years ago
Hi all,

After copying my database tables & view using the import/export wizard in sql and scripting out my stored procedures to run against my hosted database. I am now getting similar sort of errors but on different tables and at different links. Its like the pages keep passing null values into tables.

- I can't even get to the shopping cart now, it fails at the product level.
- The search still isn't working at all.

Anymore idea before i install my database from scratch which could do without.

I Get this error by clicking on the product then clicking 'Add to cart'.
###################################################################################################

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'LogID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_Log'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'LogID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_Log'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'LogID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_Log'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) +8118684
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +267

[UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +389
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) +163
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) +609
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges() +15
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum logType, Int32 severity, String message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 customerId, String pageUrl) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:182
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum logType, String message, Exception exception) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:122
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Templates.Products.OneVariant.OnCommand(Object source, CommandEventArgs e) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\NopCommerceStore\Templates\Products\OneVariant.ascx.cs:356
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I Get this error by clicking directly on the 'Add to cart' button without clicking on the product.
###################################################################################################

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ShoppingCartItemID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_ShoppingCartItem'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ShoppingCartItemID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_ShoppingCartItem'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ShoppingCartItemID', table 'klmotors_klm.dbo.Nop_ShoppingCartItem'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) +8118684
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +267

[UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +389
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) +163
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) +609
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges() +15
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Orders.ShoppingCartManager.InsertShoppingCartItem(ShoppingCartTypeEnum shoppingCartType, Guid customerSessionGuid, Int32 productVariantId, String attributesXml, Decimal customerEnteredPrice, Int32 quantity, DateTime createdOn, DateTime updatedOn) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Orders\ShoppingCartManager.cs:167
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Orders.ShoppingCartManager.AddToCart(ShoppingCartTypeEnum shoppingCartType, Int32 productVariantId, String selectedAttributes, Decimal customerEnteredPrice, Int32 quantity) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Orders\ShoppingCartManager.cs:1175
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.ProductBox1Control.btnAddToCart_Click(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e) in F:\Own\nopDownloads\downloads\nopCommerce_1.80_Source\NopCommerceStore\Modules\ProductBox1.ascx.cs:121
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Cheers
Mark
11 years ago
Hello,

I am facing issues in live hosting environment.

i have sql 2008 R2 and on live it is sql 2008. i don't think it is a problem.

it is only redirecting me to error page which is placed inside project.

From my local machine i can access and run that DB which is resided in australia

my live url is : www.occupationalsafetystrategies.com.au

Please help urgently.

Regards,
Binoy K
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.