Initial Loading is very slow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi
I just took arvixe to host my nopcom 3.5 site.I am experience a painful long delay of 2 mins to load the site when some one try to access it for the first time. Subsequent loads are fine. If i restart my PC and access it again, the site loads extremely slowly again. I have asked others to test from various places and same behaviour is experienced.
THis will severely impact the business..
Is there any solution?
9 years ago
meetferoz wrote:
Hi
I just took arvixe to host my nopcom 3.5 site.I am experience a painful long delay of 2 mins to load the site when some one try to access it for the first time. Subsequent loads are fine. If i restart my PC and access it again, the site loads extremely slowly again. I have asked others to test from various places and same behaviour is experienced.
THis will severely impact the business..
Is there any solution?

What is actually happening is that your site is being compiled after the ASP.NET worker process has restarted. The worker process restarts due to many reasons, however the most troubling one is due to site traffic. By default IIS will shut down the ASP.NET worker process after 20 minutes of inactivity meaning that the next request will restart the worker process and have to compile your entire nopCommerce site all over again.

To prevent this, use builtin keep-alive function in nopCommerce .

You can also use external sites to ping your site every few minutes like http://www.pingalive.com/.
9 years ago
one more point is that EF reloading is rather slow, not Nop fault at all. So just wait to see what's next in EF 7.0.
9 years ago
I made the mistake of signing up for Arvixe Business ASP last week.  As you found, it takes 2 minutes to load nopCommerce on first access.  Not to mention that I lost 3 days because they had not set up my account to run 64 bit applications and nopCommerce would not run at all.

Being disappointed with Arvixe, I set up a trial account on SmarterASP and it takes 20 seconds for first load of nopCommerce.  That's not great, but it's much better than Arvixe, and product selection, carting, admin, are all faster, too.  I am in the process of setting up a few trial accounts on various hosting companies for comparison testing.  I plan to get off Arvixe as soon as possible.
9 years ago
Thanks Kunal
9 years ago
Thanks edg. Pls keep me posted of your findings.
9 years ago
same thing also happened to me, after upgrade Arvixe hosting package from Personal ASP into Business Package last week.

Like edg, all of my websites error when i migrated it to Business Package.
after three days finally its solved after they changed application pool to 64-bit.
I found out that solution in this forum and told them what to do.

Now the big problem is the loading speed very very slow if i compare with previous package(Personal ASP).
In my opinion, Business Package should be faster than Personal ASP package, but the reality is not.
I dont know what should i tell to my customer, i suggested them to upgrade and now they get a bad web performance

I regret has made decision to upgrade into Business Package.

so frustated, that why i shared it here, hope Arvixe can find the solution about this.
I already become Arvixe customer more than 3 years.
This is the first time i so upset with them. before, they always give the best service.

If some one has information where is the best Hosting for NopCommerce, please share, thanks.

Iam using nopCommerce 3.4
9 years ago
TheXiang wrote:

If some one has information where is the best Hosting for NopCommerce, please share, thanks.

Did you tried smarterasp, we has some good experience using them for the sites with moderate traffic. You may try them as well and share your experience.
9 years ago
TheXiang wrote:
same thing also happened to me, after upgrade Arvixe hosting package from Personal ASP into Business Package last week.

Like edg, all of my websites error when i migrated it to Business Package.
after three days finally its solved after they changed application pool to 64-bit.
I found out that solution in this forum and told them what to do.

Now the big problem is the loading speed very very slow if i compare with previous package(Personal ASP).
In my opinion, Business Package should be faster than Personal ASP package, but the reality is not.
I dont know what should i tell to my customer, i suggested them to upgrade and now they get a bad web performance

I regret has made decision to upgrade into Business Package.

so frustated, that why i shared it here, hope Arvixe can find the solution about this.
I already become Arvixe customer more than 3 years.
This is the first time i so upset with them. before, they always give the best service.

Iam using nopCommerce 3.4

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your websites. I have all my websites with Arvixe and I never had any issues with performance or anything else.

I have notified the Arvixe team about the issues that you are experiencing and they will get back to you soon.
9 years ago
Thank L.K
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.