An error occured: There is already an object named 'Nop_SpecificationAttribute' in the database.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
hi friends i'm getting the following error please help me out

while installing at the last step i'm getting these error

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=database_;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=database;Password=123456;Connect Timeout=120"/>

even after copying the above code and pasting it in the ConnectionStrings.config i'm getting the same error

After closing the installation page and trying to install fresh from start i'm getting following error:

An error occured: There is already an object named 'Nop_SpecificationAttribute' in the database.
Running scripts from file: H:\inetpub\vhosts\xmple.com\httpdocs\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

please help me out
14 years ago
i think its because you are re-running the script over a database which has already been created.

not sure of the best solution for you because i don't fully understand your situation but i am guessing you are trying to install on a local machine - open sql server management studio, delete (or rename) the database you have just created then try a fresh install of nop

i suggest that if you are installing on a local machine rather than hosted environment, your connection string would look a little more like this:

<connectionStrings >
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=YOUR-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=YOURDATABASE;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120"/>
  </connectionStrings >
14 years ago
Dear,

i 'm in the hosted environment..
14 years ago
ok, again, i'm not sure exactly what stage you are at but it sounds like you have already created the database.

in ConnectionStrings.config

check your connection string

<connectionStrings >

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=THEDATASOURCELOCATION;Initial Catalog=THEDATABASENAME;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=DBUSERNAME;Password=USERPASSWORD;Connect Timeout=120"/>

</connectionStrings >

save and upload the ConnectionStrings.config and try re-running your store
14 years ago
i'm not able install my app, please help me

getting the follwing error:
Running scripts from file: H:\inetpub\vhosts\dddd.com\httpdocs\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql
14 years ago
can you create a new database or delete the one you have and try from the beginning ?
14 years ago
I upgrade my website, I was working on it for about 3 weeks. Got to install the new upgrade. I can't connect the old database to it. Edit connection strings. error in the connection. I was thinking on copying the files before I replaced with the new one. I feel like a dunky.

Next time I will rename before I do the upgrades. Now I am wondering if I can pass all the data from the old database to the new database.

Any suggestion I will apreciate.
14 years ago
This is a good error to have

Running scripts from file: H:\inetpub\vhosts\xmple.com\httpdocs\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

You need to submit a request to your hosting service, this is a permission error and I have had the same on 2 other sites and that was the solution.

:)
14 years ago
same problem with godaddy. upgraded to 1.5 (no source) last night and everything was fine. installed the source this morning and can't get past step 3 of the installation or upgrade (upgrade says i already have 1.5). i really don't want to create a new db (it would take weeks to put everything back in) so i'm patiently waiting for goddady to restore my db backup. the whole point of adding the source was to recompile and limit usps shipping options. no info in the manual about this so i'm looking to the community . . .
14 years ago
can't you link to your godaddy databse from something like sql management studio or from VS - that way you can make your own backup of the database to keep of your local machine if you want?  ( also, v1.5 has  a datbase backup feature)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.