nopCommerce 3.70 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Is there any plan to change grid due to licensing issue with Kendo Grid?

Hi Krunal,

It would be great. But there's no really good candidate for replacement. Please find more info about it here
8 years ago
Maybe SyncFusion.  I know I was supposed to get back to you all after an evaluation  We never did a full eval, because we decided that we already had licenses for Telerik, and developers who knew how to use it.  However, we did a partial evaluation, and were quite impressed.  If it was not for the prior mentioned issues, we would have switched.
8 years ago
Just one little request. I think. Unless it's in the list already. (well one major/one minor)

For the topics. Would it be possible to add a "parent topic" to it as we have with products? It would be a simple thing to allow for dropdown of topics. For instance a client wants the shop, but also has a lot of services and info pages which would be great to organise through "parent topic" .Important note is, this only has to impact the menu structure, not the actual folder(paths) of the page itself.

Secondly a probably larger question or thought. Instead of having "include in footer column 1" etc. is it a thought to head towards a separate menu area.

Create menu - include page in menu - show child pages

This would be a good one to multi-menu. Even as I am typing I realise this may require much larger thought. But doesn't need to be. We already have widgets (I think that's it we don't use them) so we could let people choose where to place menu. Or menu could be hard coded by developer for now.

I have to say. The SEO/CRM has come along leaps and bounds. Big credit to everyone here. Good Job!

(fyi parent topic in top menu would be AWESOME for now.)
8 years ago
I checked the workitems but couldn't see this. Since multi vendor support is getting better adding filter by vendors to bestsellers seems like a good idea. This way the site owners can see vendors' figures as well.
8 years ago
Hi,

first of all, thanks a lot for putting such an effort into it. nopCommerce is getting better and better.

I was thinking about another feature which I haven't found a work item for. It is about logging stock quantity changes, so that owners can see the history of a product stock quantity. At the moment, we can only see the current stock quantity in the system but not how it has changed from the backend.

There is already a good work item about adjusting stock quantities:
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12562

Based on the new work item above, changes could be:
- increased
- descrease
- set

There are definitly multiple options but here are two for a start:
- the core would "log" changes to stock quantities with needed info about product names, warehouse, amount,...
- the core would provide corresponding events (increased, descreased, set) that a plugin could consume

Depending if the core would log the changes there are a few options where this info could be shown:
- create an own admin page where it will list all changes to stock quantity (warehouse, product number, name, amount,...) where owners could browse through or export the list to Excel
- or show it on the product edit page in its on tab

Best regards,
Johann
8 years ago
dianoche wrote:
I checked the workitems but couldn't see this. Since multi vendor support is getting better adding filter by vendors to bestsellers seems like a good idea. This way the site owners can see vendors' figures as well.

Thanks a lot for suggestion. Please vote for this work item here
8 years ago
codepunkt wrote:
Hi,

first of all, thanks a lot for putting such an effort into it. nopCommerce is getting better and better.

I was thinking about another feature which I haven't found a work item for. It is about logging stock quantity changes, so that owners can see the history of a product stock quantity. At the moment, we can only see the current stock quantity in the system but not how it has changed from the backend.

There is already a good work item about adjusting stock quantities:
https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12562

Based on the new work item above, changes could be:
- increased
- descrease
- set

There are definitly multiple options but here are two for a start:
- the core would "log" changes to stock quantities with needed info about product names, warehouse, amount,...
- the core would provide corresponding events (increased, descreased, set) that a plugin could consume

Depending if the core would log the changes there are a few options where this info could be shown:
- create an own admin page where it will list all changes to stock quantity (warehouse, product number, name, amount,...) where owners could browse through or export the list to Excel
- or show it on the product edit page in its on tab

Best regards,
Johann

Hi Johann,

Thanks a lot for so detailed suggestion. Please find this work item here
8 years ago
Hi Andrei,
I know there is a work item for inline java scripts but is there a way to implement something which will pass google's remove render blocking scripts and css rules? This will make our websites get a lot better pagespeed and will rank higher. When we were discussing abt it on forum we saw some ppl moved from Nopcommerce just bc of that which is sad.
8 years ago
dianoche wrote:
Hi Andrei,
I know there is a work item for inline java scripts but is there a way to implement something which will pass google's remove render blocking scripts and css rules? This will make our websites get a lot better pagespeed and will rank higher. When we were discussing abt it on forum we saw some ppl moved from Nopcommerce just bc of that which is sad.

Thanks a lot. Please find this work item here
8 years ago
I'm sad to see that this has not been included in the roadmap :'/

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11093
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.