Migrating hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Still having some issues I'm working out. I'll update with news but I believe I've had some luck with doing a backup from production database which saves to a zip file. If I upload the zip file to the new hosting site, I can unzip it using their file manager program. I believe that keeps the database intact. However, if I move my entire site over something isn't working quite right.

I'm doing some more troubleshooting...

http://groundzero2010-001-site1.btempurl.com
8 years ago
Is there somewhere in Nop that prefixes a site url with www. and redirects? I see this as a "seosettings.wwwrequirement" but have that set as "WithoutWww". Something is redirecting the site which I believe is causing the issue.
8 years ago
Nop manages its part under store settings, however it does no "redirection". This is done by your hosting provider under DNS settings, nameservers, and host settings.  Do you have a panel access to your account, like WebsitePanel or cPanel? Is DNS editor enabled in the panel? If so, you can manage DNS zones there. If not, will most likely be under registrar account domain names.
P.S. I would have had your site up by now. LOL!
8 years ago
I'm using a trial hosting so I don't have a domain tied to the account. They've given me a tempurl. It just makes absolutely no sense as to whats going on.

Stock NOP
Created stock DB
-Site is working
Restored old DB to new DB
-Site continued to work fine
moved working files into subfolder and copied all files from old site over to root
-Site is broken
moved all old site files to a subfolder and copied back working stock nop files to root
-Site broken still
restored stock nop db which was working previously over
-Site still broken even after everything should be back to where it was @ "-Site is working"

PS. I'm sure you'd have everything going but unfortunately for me, your hosting is out of my budget. :(
8 years ago
Sounds like it could be a folder permissions issue now.
Best to not delete everything under root after fresh install and then copy old site to it, but rather copy over all files to maintain folder permissions.
8 years ago
I ensured folder permissions were set. Checked this through their host panel file manager.
8 years ago
Does the panel provide access to stop and restart the app pool? Might give that a shot.
Restart the website after app pool refresh.
8 years ago
I've also been doing this. Its not as specific as Arvixe hosting where they have a website on/off and app pool restart button. SmarterASP has a "Site on/off" switch that they claim restarts the pool as well as turns the site off.
8 years ago
I should be able to copy my working site from Arvixe, ensure file permissions are set, upload the database, change the db connection settings and be up an running.
8 years ago
I should be able to copy my working site from Arvixe, ensure file permissions are set, upload the database, change the db connection settings and be up an running.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.